Bilbo Baggins & Kili -1-

You were a lovely, intelligent elleth from Eryn Galen, your beauty even enhanced by your wits, wisdom, archery skill, compassion, and bravery

You were a lovely, intelligent elleth from Eryn Galen, your beauty even enhanced by your wits, wisdom, archery skill, compassion, and bravery. When a group of dwarves arrived in your home, you, a dungeon guard at the time, found yourself fascinated by one of the prisoners. His name was Kili, and through your talks with him, you decided quickly enough to aid the dwarves' escape.

You sent the Company bobbing along the river one early morning, fending off many an orc from a surprise attack, especially one who was about to shoot Kili in the leg. You tracked the group for a short time and soon caught up with them at the edge of Mirkwood, in the forest where the darkness had not yet reached. You led the way to the docks at the edge of the Long Lake, the travel taking a few weeks, during which you and Kili grew ever closer. You noticed another member of the group watching you from the sides, almost pining for you, and you, ever the kind soul, dreaded the day you would have to turn him down. At the docks, you announced you could go no further and would circle around the lake, meeting the Company at the Laketown pier within a week. The wide-eyed hobbit who'd been watching you from afar took you aside before you could leave, and you could tell he was nervous. Your heart fell.

"Well, uh, Y/N, you see, I, well, I think I may love you."

"I... I'm so sorry, Bilbo, but my heart belongs to someone else."

Bilbo's hopeful expression fell. He looked away, took a deep breath, and nodded once, bidding you a curt farewell before heading back to the rest of the Company. Kili waved and you waved back, then turned to begin your trek around the lake. You never meant to hurt Bilbo- but you knew you had to follow your heart. Onwards, now; a journey lied ahead.