Legolas -6- (request)

You were the head healer in Eryn Galen, your passion having always been to help your people however you could

You were the head healer in Eryn Galen, your passion having always been to help your people however you could. Your close friend, Legolas, who just happened to be the prince of Mirkwood (and a rather reckless prince at that), admired you a lot for your compassion and talent with healing both physical and mental wounds. He worried about you often though- despite your skill with healing others, you were not often caring towards yourself, always balancing others' needs far above your own.

One evening, you were tending to the last of a unit of badly injured guards, attacked and outnumbered by orcs on the outskirts of the forest. It had been a long, gruelling day and you were ready to go home when you heard a call of, "Hurry! The prince is hurt!" from down the hall. Without a second thought, you left the mostly-tended-to patient with your assistants and raced to Legolas, your face paling at his blood-spattered tunic. For hours you stayed by his side, tending to his wounds and murmuring soft well-wishes, well into the earliest hours of the next morning. When he finally woke, he immediately frowned and scanned you up and down.

"You look terrible. Go home and get some rest, I'm alright."

"... How in all of Middle Earth can you worry about me when you are this badly wounded?!"

"It's simple, really- I care for you, very much. Now go care for yourself and sleep."

(This was requested by the incredible hufflepuffturtle! Thanks so much for all your wonderful requests!)