Bilbo Baggins -4-

Brave

Brave. Fiercely loyal. Kind. Protective. These were only a few words to describe you, a dwarvess descended from the royal line of Erebor. You were born after the wicked dragon Smaug drove your parents out and you grew up on the road, sister to Kili and Fili, niece Of Thorin. Of course, you joined the Company when you got the chance to take back your uncle's former kingdom. The quest took many unexpected and sometimes terrifying turns, though along the journey you fell in love with a certain hobbit burglar who happily returned your feelings. When the Battle of the Five Armies arrived, Bilbo begged you not to fight, but you insisted- tragically, you did not pull through in the end. Your love found you laying peacefully by the cliff, having died defending Kili from the orcs that killed your older brother. Dwarf and hobbit both wept over your passing all night, grieving for the one so dear they had lost.

When it came time for Bilbo to return home to the Shire, Kili took him aside and handed him a heart-shaped locket. It held a tiny, beautiful portrait of you, and Bilbo began tearing up. Kili sighed sadly and quietly offered these words of parting;

"She's not fully gone, Bilbo... Remember her as fondly as you can and she will never disappear from your heart."

With a nod, a hug, and one last look at the Lonely Mountain, Bilbo Baggins carefully stowed the locket in his breast pocket, right above his heart, and turned away. He was finally going home.