Company -3-

You could hardly believe it- a chance to end that devilish worm Smaug and return Erebor to its former glory! Of course you said yes to Gandalf when he requested you join the Company of Thorin Oakenshield, named for its noble leader; yet there was ...

You could hardly believe it- a chance to end that devilish worm Smaug and return Erebor to its former glory! Of course you said yes to Gandalf when he requested you join the Company of Thorin Oakenshield, named for its noble leader; yet there was one small problem: all your fellow dwarves on this quest seemed to be quite... dumb. They were rowdy, loud, rude, crass, and treated poor Master Baggins, your hired burglar and resident hobbit, like he was as good as manure. You were already fed up with the group when Kili and Fili decided it would be 'funny' to steal your spare rations and send them 'accidentally' floating down the river- and over a waterfall they didn't know about. You berated both and gave each a nasty bruise on the side of their head before grumpily climbing back on your horse and riding to the front of the group.

You sighed in exasperation, shaking your head as you looked to Gandalf.

"And you're sure these blundering buffoons are the right group for such a quest as this?"

He seemed rather frustrated as well, but as always just shook his head and replied stoically,

"Indeed..."