Chapter 38

Izuku's POV~

It took everyone a while to calm down after the shocking and worrying news that Toga was gone. There wasn't anything any of use could really do about it, besides try and keep looking for her, which is easier said than done. She could literally be anyone. Let's just say, tension was pretty high with everyone.

And I mean everyone.

"How do we know that any of us aren't her?" Kaminari said, while all of 1-A was gathered in our common room later that night. "Especially since she seems to like us five in particular." He said motioning to Kacchan, himself, Sero, Kirishima, and me.

I was tucked into Kacchan's side on the couch and he turned to me. "What was the first dare I gave you?" He asked me.

"Is that even fair? Half the class knows that answer, she could know it just as easy. It hasn't to be something way more secret." Kaminari pointed out.

"Can we think about this more logically? If we're going to question people, we have to question people who are the closest to Midoriya, who she's after. That would include myself, Bakugou, Uraraka, Iida, and perhaps you three, seeing as she's brought you into it already." Todoroki said all intellectual like. The majority of the class agreeing with him.

"Since she's after Midoriya, it's safe to assume that she's not pretending to be him. He should lead the questioning." Yaoyorozu chimed in from where she was sitting with Jirou, in a similar position as Kacchan and I.

"Agreed." Iida said.

I looked at everyone, who were now all staring at me, waiting. "O-oh, okay I guess." I said, blushing from all the attention.

I started with Kacchan, definitely not wanting her to be him again. "What loop hole did you use for the first dare I gave you?" I asked him, knowing that we were the only two people that knew what he did that night.

"I waited until everyone left the room and you were the only one left, then I just had to compliment you because technically you were 'everyone in the room'." He said with a smug face. He was still so proud of that moment. It was almost comical.

"Wow bro, I didn't know you were that smart." Kirishima said, causing all of us to laugh and Kacchan to shout at him.

"Okay okay, moving on!" I said in between laughs. "Uraraka, after I saved you at the entrance exams, what did you try to do to repay me?" I asked her, knowing that this would be easy, as long as it was really her.

"I tried to give you my points." She said with a smile, knowing the past our test. I smiled back.

"Aw, Ura that's so nice of you!" Mina squealed.

The rest of our 'test' went smoothly and we actually ended up checking the whole class, everyone checked out. We were all able to let out a sigh of relief.

"Can we go to bed now?" Todoroki asked while yawning.

"Yeah, I'm exhausted to." Uraraka said.

We all said our goodbyes and started to head to our respective dorms, but Aizawa showed up and stopped me. Kacchan obviously wasn't just going to leave me behind, and stayed back as well.

"You're mother's here to see you." Was really all he said before turning and walking away as my mother rushed in and pulled me into a hug.

"Hey mom." I said with a smile as I hugged her back.

"Oh my baby! I was so worried! They told me about how that boy was trying to hunt you down and I came as soon as possible!" She said, sobbing into my shoulder. Jeez, I know she cries a lot, but this is almost over kill. She must have been really worried.

"I'm okay mom, I promise. I have all the pros, my friends, and Kacchan! I'll be perfectly fine." I tried to assure. It just then hit me that my mom didn't know about Kacchan and I. I wasn't really worried about telling her, she was completely fine with me being gay and she absolutely adored Kacchan.

She pulled away and looked over at Kacchan, who just awkwardly waved at her. "Oh yes, Katsuki. I've heard some... rumors about you two, are they true?" She asked me skeptically. I smiled brightly at her and nodded, pulling Kacchan over to stand by me. She nodded grimly, making me drop my smile.

"What's wrong?" I asked her.

"I can't say I approve of you two, with your past." She said, shooting a glare at him.

I widened my eyes at her. I didn't think she'd be so against it, especially since I never directly told her that Kacchan bullied me. It made me suspicious for sure. "What do you mean mom?" I asked her.

"He bullied you Izu! He was terrible to you, or have you forgotten that?" She said.

I narrowed my eyes. "I never told you about that." I said back.

She didn't even seem fazed, which made me question if it was actually Toga or my mother. Toga would have faltered being caught in a lie. "You stopped hanging out together after you never developed a quirk. You became depressed and isolated. You would come home with bruises and burns. Burns Izuku. I'm not an idiot nor naïve." She explained with a pointed look in my direction.

Shit, it really was my mom.

"Okay but he's not like that anymore! He hasn't done any of that in years!" So I may have lied a little, but I was despite.

"We all know it hasn't been years and I would appreciate it if you didn't lie to me." She said while crossing her arms.

I sputtered at being caught in a lie. "S-so it hasn't been years, but it's been a really long time! He'd never do that again!" I stressed.

"I know I've been terrible to him in the past, and I know, trust me I know that I can never make up for all the terrible things I put him through, but I'll be damned if I don't try. Never in a million years would I even think about doing any of that ever again. I'm trying to fix things and slowly I hope to. I mean, I love him. If I could back in time and beat the shit out of myself, I would. But I can't change the past, no matter how much I want to." Kacchan said while gripping my hand tighter.

Throughout his mini speech, I looked at him with admiration. He had changed so much from the boy he was back then. I was so terribly proud of him. I was so terribly in love with him.

"That's right, you can't change the past." She said. "You can't change everything you put him through. Everything I couldn't protect him from. I couldn't stop it then, but I can now." She said with a tone of finality.

I threw a worried glance at Kacchan, who mirrored me, and then looked back at my mother. "Mom you can't do that! I'm not just going to give him up." I told her, my voice wavering a bit.

"I will not sit by and watch him hurt you again Izuku. I won't be there for it. It's him or me. Who will you chose? The boy who made your life a living hell for close to ten years, or the woman who's raised you your whole life and done nothing but love you?" She asked me, tears forming in her eyes.

I looked at her in disbelief. She did not just give me an ultimatum, did she? "M-mom, you can't- I can't-"

"I'll give you until tomorrow morning. If you chose him, don't bother. If you're going to make the smart, responsible decision, come home for a visit tomorrow morning." She said and then turned on her heel and left.

I couldn't do anything but watch her leave.