Chapter 28

Izuku's POV~

I hesitantly opened Todoroki's door, standing so I was almost hiding in the doorway. Todoroki was standing a foot or so behind me, making sure that I was okay. I didn't miss the way Kacchan flinched at the sound of the door.

"Do you mean it?" I asked softly.

I heard everything he said. How could I not? He's really loud and the walls are pretty thin. I don't know what happened between them, but damn it, I should have let him explained. He- he had just said he loved me. I really didn't know what to think at this point. Was he just lying again?

I saw him tense at the sound of my voice. He, ever so slowly, turned to face me. "I-Izu?" He stuttered making me feel even worse than I already did. He was stuttering. Kacchan never stutters.

"Did you mean it?" I asked again, trying to sound stronger than I felt. I needed to know how he truly felt this time, I couldn't be weak right now.

"Did I mean what?" He asked me, looking terrified. I hated to see him like this. He looked lost and scared and it took everything in me to not run to him and wrap my arms around him. Why did he have to have this affect on me?

"Did you mean everything you just said? All of it?" I pressed. I took a cautious step towards him, shocking him at my movements. He probably didn't know what I was going to do, but if he said the right words, just two, I would go running to him in a heartbeat.

"You-you heard that?" He asked me, seeming even more terrified as he realized what I now knew. I nodded, taking another step towards him. 'C'mon Kacchan, please just tell me.' I pleaded in my mind. My heart hurt hearing him stutter, yet again. I wanted my strong Kacchan back. Scared Kacchan just isn't right.

"I-I-I..." He seemed at a complete loss for words, making my heart drop. What was I even thinking, of course he didn't love me. Why would anyone love me?

"Of course I did, Izu." He whispered, making me snap my head towards him. It took me all of two seconds to run into his arms, almost causing him to fall over, but he was able to steady both of us.

I tightened my arms around his neck and buried my head between his head and shoulder. He didn't hesitant for a second to wrap his arms around my waist in return. "I love you too." I whispered to him. I felt his grip tighten as he registered my words.

"This is touching, really I'm happy for you guys, but are you just going to ignore the fact you caught him cheating twice?" Todoroki's voice spoke up from the doorway of his dorm.

His words brought reality crashing back down around us as I lifted my head and saw Kirishima watching us with sad eyes. I pushed away from the boy I loved and wrapped my arms around myself, waiting for someone else to say something.

"Izu, please you have to listen to me! I didn't cheat on you, at least not consciously, I was fucking half asleep and thought it was you! Seriously, you have to believe me." He pleaded with me, grabbing my shoulder in desperation. I didn't pull away, secretly loving the contact, but I didn't give into it either.

"That doesn't explain the second time." I mumbled, feeling like an idiot for the whole mess that was my life. All of this happened because of some stupid dare I gave him. If I just would have done something easy instead of messing with him, none of this would have happened.

"Th-that would also be my fault." The guilty looking red head said, coming over to stand next to Kacchan, but leaving a good amount of space between them, which I was thankful for.

"What?" I asked Kirishima in confusion. I heard what he said down in the kitchen. It was Kacchan's fault, right?

"Both times, it was all me. Neither of them were Bakugou's fault, the second time he didn't even kiss back, just pushed me off right away, which is what you saw. The first time, he really was asleep, I seriously think he even called me Izu." He explained, nervously scratching the back of his neck. "I'm really sorry guys. I swear, if I had the choice, I wouldn't have done any of this. I only did it to protect you guys and everyone else. He threatened them. God, he threatened Denki and Hanta. I kn-know I hurt them too, but I just wanted to keep them safe. I'm so- I'm sorry. So so sorry." The boy was breaking down. Tears were flowing freely as he yanked at his red hair.

I grabbed onto him, gently pulling his hands away from his head. I pulled him into my arms and just held onto him while he cried into my chest. Kacchan and I both shared a worried look while Todoroki walked up behind us. "Who threatened them?" I asked softly. We really needed to know what all of this was about, or rather who.

He shook his head 'no' while keeping it pressed into me. I heard Kacchan growl in annoyance, but he quickly shut up when I sent him a harsh glare. Kirishima was struggling enough with out the blondes anger. "It's okay Kiri." Kacchan didn't like that nickname. "They'll be okay, we all will, but we need to know who threatened you. It's the only way to protect everyone." I cooed. I was trying to be as calm and gently as possible, but some of the urgency I was feeling slipped into my voice.

Kirishima continued to shake his head. "He-he isn't alone. He has help. If I give him up he'll kill everyone. Everyone but you." He spoke, making the color drain from my face as I started to connect the dots, and apparently Kacchan and Todoroki were as well.

"Oh fuck no." Kacchan growled grabbing onto my waist in a protective gesture that I welcomed.

"I knew I should have fucking burned him when I had the chance." Todoroki whispered, more so to himself than anyone else, but we all heard. Kacchan nodding his head in agreement.

I held onto Kirishima tighter, now understanding the other boy's fear. I was scared to even think about what he did to him.

"K-kiri, was it... Is Sh-shinso the one who threatened you?" I couldn't help the stutters, especially when I said his name.

Kirishima said nothing, just held onto me tighter and cried even harder, answering my question with his actions.

Well fuck.