Chapter 7

⚠️Slight trigger warning: mentions of depression⚠️

Izuku's POV~

"You're literally the blindest fucking person I've ever met!" They were both yelling at this point.

"How the hell am I blind?!"

"He's fucking looked up to you since you were toddlers! You said jump, he said how high? Then you had the fucking audacity to bully the shit out of him for a majority of his life, and guess what? He still fucking adores you, you ignorant asshole. He has made excuse after excuse for you! He scream at him, and it's 'oh he's having a bad day' or 'he probably didn't sleep well last night'. The fucking lengths he goes to, to make sure nothing is your fault. To make sure it's his. Everytime you yell at him for no reason, he takes it to heart. He tries to 'fix' himself, because clearly something's wrong. Do you even know how depressed he was in middle school? Do you even care? YOU'VE TOLD HIM TO FUCKING KILL HIMSELF AND THE ONLY THING HE COULD THINK ABOUT IS HOW IF HE ACTUALLY DID, YOU'D GET IN TROUBLE, AND HEAVEN FORBID THAT HAPPEN BECAUSE OF HIM! He is literally the closest thing to an angel you're ever gonna get, Katsuki Bakugou, and guess what. You. Don't. Fucking. Deserve him, and you never will! Nothing you could ever possibly do, will ever make up for how much of a shit person you've been to him." Todoroki, Kacchan, and I were all just staring at Shinso in silent shock. I have never seen him go off like this before.

He looked down for a few seconds and I thought he was finally done, but then he brought his head back up. He seemed calmer now, looking Kacchan dead in the eyes, and his voice back to a normal level. "You are a terrible person. You're no better than any other villain, no wonder you were the one they took." He said, his voice full of hatred.

My jaw dropped at his words. Most of his yelling was uncalled for, and I was already planning on yelling at him, but that last part that he just had to add? That was too far. Way too far.

Before I could say anything, or rather yell at him, he grabbed my wrist and Todoroki and dragged both of us out of the classroom and down the hallway. I was trying to pull my wrist out of his grip, but I was very successful, so eventually I just used I tiny bit of One For All.

It was a little violent, but I didn't end up hurting anyone, Shinso and Todoroki were both just a little surprised. They both turned to face me with puzzled expressions.

"What the heck Shinso?!" He had been able to drag me pretty far away from our classroom, so we were now just in a deserted hallway, pretty close to the cafeteria.

"What?" He asked me confused.

"That was uncalled for and completely out of line!" I shouted at him. "God! Some of that stuff... I told you guys that stuff.... You weren't supposed to ever bring it up! Let alone scream it in the middle of our school!" I felt the tears threatening to spill, but I was determined to not let them.

"Midoriya, I didn't mean-"

"Shut it. You can't take it back, it doesn't matter what you say, now." I said, starting to walk backwards away from them.

"Midoriya-"

"No, Todoroki. I don't know what's happening with you two lately, but you and I both know if anyone could have shut him up, it was you. Hell, I probably could have shut him up if I had tried hard enough, but I can really only hate myself so much right now, so I'm mad at you to, because I kind of just need to be right now." I said, still backing away. I was just rambling at this point, with now clue what I was really saying, but the words just kept falling out.

I turned and started to sprint down the hallway. I heard Shinso call after me, but only once, so I assume Todoroki stopped him. I wasn't sure where I was going, until I ended up in front of our classroom door. I gingerly opened it, looking for a certain blonde, and found the room empty. I left confused, but determined to find him.

I first went to the cafeteria, careful to avoid Shinso and Todoroki, who thankfully weren't there. I went up to Kacchan's usual table, but he was missing from there as well. I asked Kirishima if he'd seen him, but he hadn't either. He told me to check the roof, because that's where he'd usually skip, and if he wasn't there, maybe his dorm. I thanked the cheerful redhead and headed for the roof.

I pushed open the heavy door leading to the roof, causing a loud squeaking noise, I winced. I walked forward, hearing the door slam closed behind me. I found the blonde I was looking for, leaning against the railing on the far side of the area, looking out at the UA grounds. I slowly made my way to him.

"Kacchan?..." I softly asked, once I was only a few feet away from him. I didn't get a response as I reached the railing, leaning my back against it.

"How'd you find me?" He asked me, in a surprisingly soft voice. I've heard him using a soft voice a few times in the past twenty four hours, but this was different. He sounded... lost.

"Kirishima said this is where you come to skip sometimes." I said gently. I didn't want to throw the spiky haired boy under the bus, but I didn't want to lie to Kacchan, especially right now.

"Fucking shitty hair." I heard him mutter to himself before he spoke up, "I don't fucking skip, that part was a lie. I come up here to get away from all of the idiots we have to deal with on a daily basis." He explained, not raising or hardening his voice once, even when saying that Kirishima lied about him. I furrowed my eyebrows in concern.

I was worried... but I couldn't help but notice that he said 'we', implying that I wasn't one of those idiots he comes up here to get away from. For some reason that made my chest feel all warm and fuzzy.

Neither of us said anything for a few minutes. I wanted to find him so I could talk to him, and here I am, with nothing to say. God, I really am a Deku.

"Don't say that."