Chapter 21

Izuku's POV~

"Kacchan.."

I saw the look on his face. He knew exactly what I was thinking. He knew exactly what I wanted to do. He can read me like a book, but I've gotten pretty good at reading him to. He doesn't want to let me go, he doesn't think it'll help anything, but he also just wants me to be happy. If that means I have to run away from my problems for a little bit, he won't stop me, but he'll be damned if I do it alone.

I weighed my options for all of thirty seconds, before taking a hesitant step off of the bus, letting the doors close behind me and the oversized vehicle pull away from the stop. Neither of us said anything, but I didn't miss the sigh of relief, the soften of his facial features, or the slight sag of his shoulders. I shot him a shy smile before turning my gaze anywhere but him, but it was hard, seeing as he still held my wrist.

"Please... don't run." He said softly. My head shot back up to look him in the eyes.

He gently pulled me towards him, just a fraction. "Kacchan- I can't- I don't want- please don't make me- please." I didn't finish any coherent thought, I was just letting the words fall from my mouth as I thought of them. Unfortunately, that meant I was think of them faster than my mouth could accurately say them, leaving the poor blonde in slight confusion.

He didn't act on the confusion though, instead pulling me into one of his strong embraces. "It's okay Izu, you don't have to tell the authorities if you don't want to. You told Nezu, All Might and Aizawa, which is enough to get the bastard expelled. Even though you were scared shitless to do it, you did, and I'm... I'm proud of you..." He said, placing a reassuring kiss on the top of my head. I held onto him tighter, realizing now that he truly is my lifeline. If it wouldn't have been for him, I never would have lasted this long. From the first night we started to play that stupid game of truth or dare, his been keeping me sane, and despite the issues we've had since then, we some how managed to come back to each other, ending up here, in front of a bus stop trying despretely to hold each other together.

That's when the past few days had hit me, ironically, like a bus. All the time I've spent with Kacchan. All the time I spent away from him. How he made me feel, and how he makes me feel now. All of the conversations we've had. All of the fights. All of the hugs, smiles, dares. All of it. I think I've finally figured it out. Well, I figured out myself. Kacchan was still a wild card, just as he's always been. That was the worst part. I may have gotten better at reading him, but there's always that slim chance that I'm not as accurate as I think I am. What if I'm wrong? What if this ends terribly and ruins the little bit of friendship we've managed to rekindle? Do I really want to risk it? Do I want to be the reason he hates me again? But... But what if he doesn't hate me? What if... it's the exact opposite? It's a small chance, but it's a chance I'm willing to take non the less. It's a chance I've realized I need to take.

I slightly pulled away from the hug, but just enough so I could look at him. He looked down with an expectant face, waiting for me to say something. "Kacchan... truth or dare?" I asked, my voice wavering just the smallest bit.

I knew this was going to be harder than I thought. I was shaking ever so slightly and my palms had started to sweat. I had plucked up the courage to ask him the question, but I had no clue if I'd be able to fully commit to my small plan I had cooked up. I was scared.

He seemed taken aback by my question. He clearly wasn't expecting me to bring up our silly game. If I'm being honest, I wasn't even sure if it was my turn or not, but I didn't really care. "What? Why are you bringing that up now?" He asked in confusion.

I shook my head at him. "Please, Kacchan... just answer. Truth or dare?" I reasked the question, praying that he'd just pick one so I could get this over with. I knew there was a good chance this could be the last time he'd ever want to talk to me again. The anxiety of his reaction was eating me alive.

"Izu, you're scaring me a little bit..." He said quietly, but it definitely caught my attention. I was scaring him? I know that shouldn't be something I'm proud or happy about, but that meant he cared, at least a little bit. Kacchan just doesn't 'get scared'.

"Truth or dare Kacchan." I asked again, ignoring his previous statement to the best of my ability. I was trying to keep my cool, but if he didn't just pick one soon, I would definitely lose it.

"Jesus Christ, fucking dare I guess." He mumbled, clearly not happy that I was ignoring his concerns.

I sucked in a deep breath. 'C'mon Izuku, it's now or never. Ya know, never sounding like a really good option.' I mentally scolded myself for trying to back out. I had finally gotten him to just answer, and he'd picked the one I had hoped for. Now I just needed to find the courage to give him his dare. I looked him directly in his eyes, finding all the encouragement I needed at that moment. I took one more shaky breath, held it for two seconds, before letting it go.

"I... I dare you- I dare you to kiss me."