Chapter 17

Izuku's POV~

I was tempted to fall asleep after getting to Kacchan's room, but I had just woken up from sixteen hours of sleep, so that wasn't even an option. Kacchan didn't push me spilling what happened, but I could tell it was bothering him.

"What'd you wanna do nerd?" He asked me. I wasn't exactly sure if he was asking what I wanted to do at this exact moment because he was bored, or what I wanted to do about what happened earlier. Maybe he meant both.

"Um, I don't know." I said, my face still buried in his chest. Don't judge me, it's comfortable.

"Do you wanna go out and do something? Or we could just stay here and watch a movie or something." He spoke gently, probably scared I would break if he was to rough or loud around me.

"I don't want to go anywhere, not right now." I whined, clutching onto him tighter. I didn't want to risk seeing Shinso around at all. Not that he'd be walking around freely, Todoroki probably put him in the nurse's office, or even the hospital. He at least made him scared to leave his dorm for anything other than school.

Oh no, school!

"Kacchan we have to go to school!" I exclaimed, sitting up straight, but still in his lap. I honestly didn't even care about our position, we've been closer multiple times in the past two days.

"Whoa, you're not going. Icyhot literally dropped you into my arms while you were shaking and crying. You're staying here today. No school." He said sternly.

I pouted at him. "But we have to! We'll get in trouble if we skip again, we already walked out yesterday." I pointed out.

He looked at me in slight confusion. "You walked out yesterday?" He asked. I hesitantly nodded in response. "Why?"

"I didn't want to be there. I wanted to follow you and make sure you were okay, but you're friends were pretty adamant that I left you alone. Instead, I just went back to my dorm with Todoroki and Shinso...." I trailed off at the thought of the purple haired boy. Memories started to flash in my mind, the fear and anxiety was back. I could feel the tears threatening to spill once again, however much I didn't want them to. I willed them to retreat back, but they wouldn't. Soon enough I was sobbing into Kacchan's chest, again, while he soothingly rubbed my back and tried to call me down.

Once my sobs were reduced to hiccups, he pushed me back slightly, so that he could see my face. "This is exactly why you aren't going to class." He said, giving me a pointed look, before pulling me back into his warm embrace.

I wiped the tears from my face and pulled back. I was still sniffling, but the sobs had dwindled to nothing. "K-Kacchan, I wanna go to school. Please let me go. I don't want to fall behind." I whined to him.

He sighed and pulled me back into his arms. "If I let you go," I immediately perked up, "if I let you go, I want you to stay by me all day. And if you start to feel overwhelmed or panicked, tell me and I'll get you out of there, okay?" He asked me slowly. I nodded my head vigorously. He chuckled a little at my behavior. "You're such a nerd." He said while ruffling my hair, causing me to pout and push his hand away.

"Run back to your dorm and get your uniform. Then we can head to class and hopefully not be too late." He said, glancing at the clock. He got up and started to move around his dorm, looking for his uniform.

I hadn't moved from his bed. I couldn't go back to my dorm, what if Shinso was still there? I know Todoroki said he was taking the 'trash' out of my room, referring to Shinso, but even if he wasn't there, I couldn't do it. I couldn't go back in that room, not yet anyway.

Kacchan caught on to my still figure and turned back to me. "Are you going to go or?..." He asked me, leaving the question open ended. I violently shook my head no. "Do you want me to come with you?" He asked me gently. He didn't know what happened, yet he was still acting to soft and caring with me.

I nodded my head slowly this time. I didn't want to inconvenience him with my pitiful problems, but I really couldn't do this on my own. He nodded in understanding, grabbing my hand and leading me out of his dorm. The walk to my own was quiet, neither one of talking or making much noise.

Once we arrived, I started to shake. Kacchan turned his head to me, noticing my trembling, and wrapped his arms around me. I wrapped my own arms around his neck and buried my face into the crook of his neck. "Jump." He whispered to me. I did as he said.

I was now holding onto him like a koala, trying to hold back more of my tears. "Just keep you head buried and your eyes closed. I'll get you uniform, but you've got to tell me where it is." He said to me, opening his door. I held onto him tighter.

He walked in and I kept my face where it was already, breathing in Kacchan's scent, finding it oddly comforting. "Where is it?" He asked me gently.

"I have a clean one hanging up in the closet." I said quietly. I've never felt this weak before, not even when I was a child and found out I was quirkless. He walked over to my closet and pulled out the uniform.

"Okay, let's go back to my room, you can change there." He said, and I nodded in response. He swiftly made his way out of my room, not before grabbing my school bag, and closed the door behind us.

"What happened to you?" It was more so of a rhetorical question than one meant for me to answer. I didn't respond and just held onto him like my life depended on it.