Chapter 13

Izuku's POV~

The rest of the day was quiet. Kacchan wasn't ignoring me anymore, but he wasn't himself either. Our last hour of the day was dedicated to working on our projects. This could go downhill fast.

Kacchan and I stayed at our seats, but he turned his desk around so that he was facing me. I turned around in my chair and spotted Shinso and Todoroki making their way over to us. It was incredibly awkward when they did arrive. Todoroki was just looking out the window, trying to ignore the whole situation, and Shinso and Kacchan were both looking at the ground. No one said anything and I was getting annoyed.

"Just apologize already. We have to get started on this." I said, referring to the project at hand.

Shinso looked up at me, slightly startled. He then directed his gaze over to Kacchan, who still hadn't looked up from 'studying his notes'. The purple haired boy let out a sigh before slowly beginning. "Look, Bakugou... I'm sorry." He said to the blonde. He turned back to me, "happy?"

"No, that was weak." I said with a shrug. I mean seriously, Kacchan can apologize better than that.

Shinso let out something between a sigh and a growl in frustration. "I'm sorry that I was an asshole. I was way out of line." He said, before shooting me a pointed look. I just nodded my head, that was probably the best I'd get out of him.

Kacchan didn't say anything, just continued 'studying'. Shinso made annoyed huff noise. "At least I'm trying, he's just being a dick." he said, pointing at the blonde. I smacked his arm and shot his a warning look.

Kacchan looked up for the first time this whole conversation. "You're right, I am dick. Everyone knows it, you do, Deku does, hell even I know it. So what the fuck are apologizing for? Saying the truth? I'm a complete and utter asshole, all of the time, but at least I can admit that." He said with a slight smirk at Shinso and a casual shrug.

I was a little shocked to say the least. I hadn't seen Kacchan act like this for, jeez it's only been a day. I can't believe that he was worse than this not even forty eight hours ago, it seems like so much longer. He even called me Deku, I thought he had given that up. He said he had given that up, what the heck happened to him?

Shinso didn't seem to appreciate what he was implying. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?" He asked Kacchan in a near growl.

I knew what the purple haired boy was trying to do, and apparently so did Kacchan. He said nothing, just lifting his arms and shoulders in a shrug, a mischievous look in his eyes.

Now it was Shinso's turn to push buttons. "Aw, you to scared to even answer a simple question?" He said, this time he was the one smirking. Kacchan rolled his eyes and flipped him off. "Real mature." Shinso said with an eye roll.

Kacchan turned his attention to Todoroki, who had now started following the mini argument. "What about you Icyhot? How do you feel about your boyfriend's pointless apology." He asked, knowing that he was going to piss off at least one of them.

Before either of them could blow up at the blonde, I kicked him under our desks. "What the fuck Deku?" He asked, finally acknowledging me. I glared at him. "Knock it off, you know exactly what you're doing. Why are you acting like this?" I asked him in confusion.

He rolled his eyes at me. "Because it's fun and I can." He said with another casual shrug.

"What happened to being sorry about all the stuff you've done to everyone, including me? What happened to calling me Izuku? What happened to the promise you literally just made. NO pushing people away. What happened to the game? Last time I checked, your dare was still to be nice to everyone in this group." I shot back. His attitude was really starting to bug me. He had come so far, just to regress back to his egotistical, self centered, bullying self.

"Tch, shut the hell up. Don't act like you know everything about me." He snarled at me. I slightly flinched at his tone, but it was enough for him to take notice. "Look at you, you're fucking terrified of me. Good, you should be. We aren't friends, so get that through you thick skull." He said with a huff. He crossed his arms and looked out the window, ignoring all his problems, like usual.

"I'm not scared of you, idiot! I'm scared for you. You can't let people in. I'm not the first person to try, if you haven't noticed. You push and shove people away, no matter how hard they try. Trust me Kacchan, I know you better than you think." I said agitated. I've known him since we were toddlers. I've seen him grow and develop. I know what he's been through better than anyone else.

"You're right, I push people away, so how the hell can you say you know me? No one fucking does, isn't that the point?" He was nearly yelling at this point, and most of the class had stopped working with their groups and turned their focus to us.

"Because I've been you. Pushing everyone away? Do think you you're original with that coping mechanism? You're not." I basically shouted at him. "You're lonely and you're scared. You want someone to help you, but you're scared." I said.

He abruptly stood up, knocking his chair over in the process, and started to stomp to the door. "Listen to me, you egotistical, selfish, idiotic, jerk! No one can help you or pull you out of that darkness, if you don't let them!" I yelled at his back.

He stopped his movements. The whole class was plunged into a tense silence.

"I don't need anyone's fucking help." He growled, and then walked right out of class. No one stopped him.