Chapter 23

Izuku's POV~

It had been three days since Kacchan and I had officially started dating, making it a Saturday. The last few days of the school week went by pretty fast. After the teachers were told about the whole Shinso situation, he was promptly kicked out with little to no fuss. The students weren't given specifics, just that they found out he was breaking a whole lot of school rules. Everyone was upset they couldn't have the juicy details, but I was thrilled the staff were giving me privacy. The last thing I wanted was for the whole class to find out.

No one was really surprised when I told them Kacchan and I were dating, a few actually thought we already were. Thursday was when I actually told them. Kacchan and I walked into class holding hands and he even kissed me before sitting down, leaving about half of the class in confusion. Most of the girls freaked out at the news. It was actually kind of scary.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

It was Saturday, and the power had just shut off due to the storm that was raging outside. Kacchan and I were curled up on the couch watching some random sitcom when everything went dark. Most of the class was in the commons with us, a few even screamed, all of them being dudes.

"STAY CALM! I'M SURE THE POWER WILL BE BACK SOON! UNTIL IT IS RESTORED, WE SHOULD ALL FIND CANDLES AND STAY TOGETHER!" Iida shouted, trying to direct all of the students around. Everyone, surprisingly, listened and got to work on finding random candles around the building. Most of them came from Yaoyorozu just making them because we only found three. Eventually the whole common area was lit up almost as bright as with normal lights. It was quite the fire hazard.

"C'mere nerd, I don't want you to get lost in the halls or some shit." Kacchan said teasingly as we made the trek to his dorm in the darkness with nothing but our phones for light. I was cold and wanted a hoodie, Kacchan of course offered up one of his. The only problem was that it was all the way back in his dorm.

"I won't get lost, we've lived here for a while now." I said back. "Hey Kacchan, do you think we could stop at my dorm on our way back? I still haven't gotten my phone charger."

"Of course." He said.

I hadn't actually stayed in my room since the Shinso thing happened. I was able to go in the room, now that Shinso was expelled and I had at least a small sense of security, but Kacchan said I should just stay in his dorm with him and I didn't really have a reason not to. Plus I get extra cuddle time, it's really a win win situation.

We made it to his dorm and he threw me a hoodie. I quickly pulled it over my head and we were off to my room. I ran in and got my charger and ran back out. Just because I'm able to go in doesn't mean I like it. Making our way back to the commons, Kacchan suddenly swept me into his arms and started to carry me bridal style.

"Kacchan," I said in between giggles, "what're you doing?"

"Am I not allowed to just hold me adorable boyfriend?" He asked, leaving light kisses on my neck as he continued to walk. I accepted the excuse, even though I'm pretty sure he was doing it because he noticed my unease in my room and was trying to distract me. It was working.

"Yeah, yeah, sure. How long do you think the power will be out?" I asked him. He just shrugged in response and kept walking. "We'll have to wait until the storms over for anyone to even start working on the power. Earliest is probably tomorrow morning. There's no telling the latest though." He explained.

I groaned at his answer. "That's so annoying! But hey, at least Kaminari can charge our phones." I said, only joking a little bit. There was no doubt in my mind, with the power out everyone would be asking the yellow haired boy to charge their phones. I was thinking if Kaminari could just shock the system or something and get the power back on, but there are so many reasons why that wouldn't work. First off, that's just not how electricity works. Second, he'd probably go brain dead again. Third, he'd probably hit multiple people in the process. The pros would never allow it.

"Yeah, at least dunce face is good for something." Kacchan said with a smirk. I gasped and hit his chest lightly. "Be nice Kacchan! He's your friend!" I said to the blonde.

"Yeah I know." He said with a small smile on his face. It made me happy that Kacchan could finally admit to having friends. It might have seemed insignificant to some people, but for Kacchan it was a huge step.

We walked into the common area, more like Kacchan walked, and saw that everyone was there with Aizawa. I jumped out of Kacchan arms and we both made our way over to our homeroom teacher. "We have no idea how long the power will be out, but it'll probably be a fairly long amount of time. I hope you're all comfortable in the dark." He said looking over all of us. I heard Tokoyami gulp in the back.

"Why is it going to take so long?" Mina whined from up in the front of the group.

Aizawa rolled his eyes at her tone, "Because the storms going to be here for at least a day or two, and then it'll take the power company a while to fix everything that's damaged." He said.

He made is way over to the front door, about to run through the storm back to the main building, and turn back to us. "All of you have to stay here, indoors, for the remainder of the storm. If I find out anyone left, you're going to be in a hell of a lot of trouble." and then walked out.

Kacchan looked over at me after everyone started to disperse. "This is gonna be a long week."

And boy was he correct.