Chapter 11

Izuku's POV~

Kacchan didn't let me pick out my own piercing, saying that as a part of the dare, he got to. I knew that his excuse was mediocre at best, but let him do as he wanted, not wanting to ruin the last good day and a half we've been having. I ended up with an orange stone, that matched his hero costume. That gave me the perfect idea.

"Hey, Kacchan?" I said innocently to him, while gazing at my new piercing with slight amazement.

"What nerd?" He asked back. It's strange. He's said those same words at least a million times to me before, but it's different now. The way he says it, it's softer. It's crazy how just yesterday, he was yelling at me for the most random things imaginable.

"Truth or dare?" I asked him, still not looking at him. I feared that if I did, he'd see right through my plan. Kacchan knows me better than I care to admit.

"Tch, dare obviously." He said, and I could just sense the eye roll that went along with the statement.

"I dare you to get a lip piercing." I said, looking up at him with an innocent smile. I saw his eyebrows shoot up ever so slightly, before reverting back to their normal positions.

"That's cheating, you're using my own dare against me." He pointed out. He didn't seem like he was arguing against the dare, just the fact that I 'copied' him.

"No I'm not." I said with a shrug, "your dare was 'a piercing of your choice', mine is a lip piercing, completely different." I said with a sly smile.

He seemed a bit shocked, for only a second. "You little-" He started to say in a teasing tone, but was cut off by Lucy walking over to us.

"Is there anything else you guys would like done?" She asked us politely.

"Yeah, apparently I'm getting my lip pierced." He said with a sigh and a small glare in my direction that only succeeded in causing me to fall into a fit of giggles. Lucy sent me a knowing look, then lead us to the different piercing options Kacchan could get.

In the end, I left with an orange belly button piercing and Kacchan left with a green lip ring.

The walk back to the dorms was actually pretty nice. We both just talked the whole time, which we hadn't done in years. It's crazy how quickly things can change.

"Does it hurt?" I asked him after a minute or two of silence. I was genuinely worried about him. I knew he could handle the slight pain from a lip piercing, but I couldn't help it, I'm a worrier.

"No, this is nothing. Really Izuku, stop worrying so much. If anything, I should be the one asking you that." He said back playfully. I could suppress the shiver that went down my spine at the sound of my name.

I pulled up my shirt a fraction to get a look at my belly button. It was a little red, but other than that, completely fine. "I'm fine, see?" I said, showing him my stomach.

Kacchan kind of just stared at it for a few seconds, before shaking his head and quickly looking away. I looked at him in confusion, but never got an answer to my silent question.

We continued our walk, much quieter than before. I didn't know what I did, but I couldn't help but blame myself for it. I was distracted quite easily though.

"Oh my gosh, Kacchan look!" I shouted at once, surprising the blonde boy, just a little. I grabbed his arm and dragged him towards the structure I had flipped out about.

"Jesus- What the fu- Wait, is this what I think it is?" He asked me in an astonished tone. I eagerly nodded in response and continued to pull him.

Laying out before us, was a park. Not just any park though, it was the same park Kacchan and I used to spend hours at when we were children. The same one where we would pretend to be pro heroes. The same one where we waste enormous amounts of time swinging and playing tag. The same one where Kacchan would, for lack of a better term, bully me and beat the crap out of me. But things are different now.

I Let go of him while shouting, "race you to the swings!" and took off at a full sprint, but not using my quirk, seeing as that's pretty illegal. I beat him, but only by a second or two. "I finally beat you!" I exclaimed, giggling while trying to successfully get my swing to move.

I was expecting some sort of a come back, but was surprised when none were shot at me. I sobered up and looked over at him. He was on the swing right next to me, gazing at me with a soft look, with the hint of a smile I've been seeing so much today.

I gave him a puzzled look, tilting my head to the side. "What?" I asked quietly.

He snapped out of whatever trace he was in. "Uh- Nothing." He said looking away from me. That's like the second time he'd done that today and it was starting to get one my nerves. So... I got up off of my swing and walked in front of his.

I was now standing about a foot away from him. "No, c'mon you've done that a few times already. I've left it alone before, but now I want to know!" I said. I'll admit, my tone was a tad bit whiny, but could you blame me? I wanted to know gosh darn it!

"It's nothing nerd." He said, still pretty quiet, not meeting my eyes.

I wasn't having it though. I moved closer to him, not noticing that I had grabbed onto his thighs in an effort to bring myself eye level with him. I was slightly bent forwards, seeing as he was shorter sitting down. "No, tell me." I said seriously.

He finally looked up, meeting my eyes. That's when I noticed our position. Our faces were about an inch away from each other, and I had moved his legs so I was standing partly between them, my hands still resting on his thighs.

"It's nothing..." He said, staring into my eyes.

"Tell me." I said again. He was really starting to worry me. Was it something bad? Was he in trouble of some sort?

Instead of answering me, he asked, "truth or dare?"

"Are you kidding me? You're changing the-" I was about to rant to him, pulling back just a bit, when he grabbed my face in one hand, not roughly, and cut me off.

"Truth. Or. Dare?" He said slowly.

I was a bit startled by his sudden change in demeanor. "U-um dare?" it came out as more of a question than an answer, but he clearly understood my intentions.

"I dare you to tell me how you feel about Icyhot and that purple haired freak."