Chapter 3

Izuku's POV~

"Your eyes... why are they so goddamn pretty?"

My jaw dropped. He just... He complimented me. He thinks my eyes are... pretty?

Neither of us said anything for a few minutes. We stayed inches apart, just looking at each other in silent shock. He realized what he said, right after it left his mouth, but he didn't freak out like I would have expected. Instead he just froze.

"K-Kacchan?" I finally broke the silence after what seemed like an hour, but was probably only ten minutes at most.

"What nerd?" He asked back softly. I was surprised yet again, I can't remember the last time I heard him not yelling.

I swallowed the lump in my throat. "It- It's your turn." I said. He didn't say anything, and we were back to just gazing at each other.

"Bakubro!" The voice, that obviously belonged to Kirishima, rang throughout the common area, causing both of us to snap out of whatever it was we were in, and come crashing back to reality.

Kacchan pushed me away from him, I lost my balance, and ended up sprawled back on the couch that was there to break my fall. 'Well I guess Kacchan's back to normal now.' I thought to myself.

Kirishima made his way down the rest of the stairs and into the living room. He looked back and forth between my flushed figure on the couch and a steaming Kacchan. He obviously thought the wrong thing, and placed himself in between us, his hands facing Kacchan. "Dude, it was just a stupid dare." He said cautiously.

Surprisingly, Kacchan just 'tched' at him. He turned and walked over to the stairs, leaving to go back to his dorm. Kirishima turned to look at me with raised eyebrows. "Did... Did I miss something?" He asked in confusion.

I just shook my head, not really knowing if Kacchan would let me live if I told Kirishima that he thinks I have pretty eyes. Kirishima shrugged before say goodnight and going back up to his own dorm.

I stayed where I was on the couch. What just happened? Kacchan was scarcely gentle for at least fifteen minutes, with me of all people. He... he said I have pretty eyes. Maybe...

I shook away any crazy thoughts I might have had. I picked myself off of the comfy couch and sleepily made my way to the stairs. I was previously running on adrenaline, but now that was all gone and I was exhausted. I made it back to my dorm and went straight to my bed, not caring if I was still in my clothes. I face planted, soon falling into a deep sleep.

~~~~Time Skip~~~~

I woke up the next morning to my alarm clock beeping. Whoever thought to play a party game on a school night was an idiot. I groaned as I reached for the annoying box, hitting the off switch. I lazily rolled out of my warm bed, deciding to get ready for school.

It took me a total of ten minutes to get my uniform on, brush my teeth and attempt to tame my hair, but failed, like every morning, and settled for leaving it a mess green floof. I sighed in yet another defeat, and made my way out of my dorm.

My phone chimed, signally I had received a text. Assuming it was just one of my friends asking where I was, I happened to be a little later than usual, I checked it. It was an unknown number.

Truth or dare nerd?

I stopped in my tracks. I totally forgot that I had to keep playing now, technically he completed his dare. I face palmed at how stupid I was. It's Kacchan for crying out loud, of course he found a way to do it.

I stared at the text, deciding on how to answer it. I couldn't not play, Kacchan would destroy me. I've never been one to pick truth, because it just isn't as fun as dare. I had made up my mind, and that decision could either be the best decision I could ever make, or the biggest regret of my life.

Dare.

I hit the send button, not waiting for a response as I put my phone in my back pocket and continued walking to the commons. I was immediately called out to once I arrived.

"Deku! I was just about to go check on you. Why are you so late this morning?" Uraraka asked. Todoroki waved me over to where he and Shinso were standing in the kitchen. I turned to Uraraka and said I had slept through my alarm, instead of the truth, that I had set my alarm for later. She was satisfied with my answer and went back over to Mina and what I assumed was Hagakure. I made my way to the two seemingly emotionless boys.

"Good morning!" I said cheerfully with a big smile. They both returned it, but just slightly, neither of them really smiled often, so I took what I could get.

"Kirishima told us about what happened when he came back down here last night looking for Bakugou. You okay?" Shinso asked me. My face went a little red at the thought of what Kirishima could have seen.

"Oh, that? Yeah I'm totally fine, Kacchan just doesn't like to lose." I said sheepishly with a nervous chuckle.

"Wait, so he didn't do the dare, right?" Shinso asked with a smirk. Shinso and Kacchan hate each other, so it's not a surprise that he'd be happy at the thought of him failing.

"Well, technically, he completed it." I said with a slight wince. I didn't really want to tell them about what happened last night, but if I was going to tell anyone, it'd be them.

"What'd you mean by that Midoriya?" Todoroki chimed in for the first time this morning. I quickly went through the events that took place last night, not leaving anything out, not even the text from this morning.

"Damn he's good." Shinso said, a little disappointed.

"You're screwed." Todoroki helpfully pointed out. I let out a sigh.

"No, he's not." Shinso said, as a smirk slowly made its way back onto his face. Todoroki and I both gave him a confused look. "We're gonna help him win the game." He said triumphantly.

Before I could point out that it might be considered cheating, a voice cut through our conversation. "Check your phone dumbass." Kacchan said as he walked past us and out the doors of the building, not even looking at me.

I quickly whipped out my phone and checked my newest text. My jaw dropped. "Yeah, I might need some help."