Chapter 35

Izuku's POV~

"Why isn't he waking up?!" Mina screamed to the rest of the class.

Recovery Girl had done everything in her power to help Sero and Kaminari, and they were both awake. They were definitely drowsy and ready for a nap, but they were alive and well. Maybe not well, but you get the picture.

Kirishima on the other hand...

They had been trying to get him to wake up for fifteen minutes and he just wouldn't. No one had any idea what was wrong with him. Recovery Girl had used her quirk and healed him, but he still wasn't opening his eyes.

"Don't worry, just before I blacked out I heard the chick say something about making sure he stayed down until someone got here. They didn't kill him, that's not why they were here." Sero said, using his voice for the first time that morning.

"Why were they here? Why'd they do this? Who are they?" Mina asked frantically. You can't really blame her, nearly all her friends were injured in one morning.

"The people that kidnapped Bakugou over the summer, the league or whatever." Kaminari said, leaning his head on his boyfriends good shoulder. "They wanted to get back at Kirishima. They wanted to make him watch us die." He said quietly.

"What? What did he ever do to them? Was it because he helped get Bakugou back?" Iida asked.

"Really? You think they still give a shit about that?" Kaminari snapped at the taller boy, making nearly all of the students in the room flinch. None of us had heard Kaminari use that tone.

"They did it because he gave up being Shinso's fucking pawn and he's pissed about it. Kirishima wasn't lying when he said he had help." Kaminari said to everyone. Then he turned to look at me, "You're fucked."

I gasped and Kacchan pushed my behind him protectively. "Was that a fucking threat dunce face?" He growled at the other teen.

"Calm down, it was a fucking warning." Kaminari said with an eye roll. His change in attitude worried me. I knew he just nearly died, so I was hoping he'd be back to normal once him and his boyfriends were fully healed. "I had to deal with watching the people I love get tortured in front of me and be absolutely powerless to help them, I don't want you to have to go through that. Keep him safe." He said, causing Kacchan to relax just slightly, knowing Kaminari wasn't going to try and hurt me.

"Kaminari..." I said, stepping past Kacchan so I was hidden behind him anymore.

"Thank you." Sero spoke up, stopping me from saying anything else. It was probably a good thing he spoke up, I don't even know what I would of said.

"For what?" I asked him, confused.

"Recovery Girl told us what you did. If you hadn't done something, we probably would have bled out. So thank you, for actually being a hero." Sero said with a chuckle at the end that turned into a coughing fit. Kaminari wrapped an arm around him, trying to steady the boy.

"Let's get you guys to the infirmary." Recovery Girl said, as Sato helped Kaminari up while Tokoyami helped Sero. Shoji followed after them carrying a still unconscious Kirishima.

Kacchan had wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me while we both watched our classmates being helped out of our own dorm room. I don't know what came over me in that moment, but watching people I cared about nearly die, it made me snap.

I turned towards our homeroom teacher who was having a hushed conversation with a few other pros. "Still think he isn't someone to be scared of? Still think ignoring him and his threats is the best course of action? Kaminari and Sero almost died! They were supposed to die and- and it's all... it's all my fault..." I was originally fired up. I was ready to scream and shout for hours at the heros, the pros that should have protected us, but I just realized, it was all because of me.

I'm the one Shinso was, for some reason, infatuated with. I was the one he was targeting when he was using Kirishima. If I had just let Kacchan go then, Kirishima wouldn't have had to blow his cover and they never would have been in danger. Everyone would have been perfectly fine.

I pushed away from Kacchan and took off through the front doors. I needed to get out of there. I needed to get away from all of them. I needed to protect them. The further they were from me, the better.

"Deku!" Uraraka shouted.

"Midoriya!" Todoroki.

"It's not safe for you to run off with the villains out there!" Aizawa.

"Izuku Midoriya, get your ass back here!" Yeah, that was Kacchan. You know, I almost turned around. Almost.

I could hear a few pairs of foot steps running after me, but they'd never catch me. I was using One For All to propel myself through the campus grounds. I hurdled over the front gate and then I was gone. They wouldn't be able to find me with how busy the city was.

I didn't plan on being gone for long. Not even five minutes. I just wanted to lose everyone, then make my way back to campus. I wasn't dumb. I knew that if I actually left I'd be picked off sooner than I could say "Plus Ultra!"

I made a big loop through the city and headed back to UA. I snuck through the grounds fairly easily. You'd think that having three students attacked would make them up security or something. I made it all the way to the roof of the school without getting noticed.

I stood by the rail, the same spot that I found Kacchan after our fight. I figured he would find me eventually. I just didn't think he'd figure it out so soon.

"Whatcha doing up here Deku?" I heard his voice say from behind me, causing my to nearly jump out of my skin. I was a little upset to hear him call me Deku honestly.

"I just didn't want to see anyone for a while." I mumbled back to him.

"Yeah, that's probably a good idea. They're all pretty pissed down over there." He said with a shrug as he moved to stand next to me, leaning back on the railing.

I looked over at him, just a little stunned. "Why are they mad? Because I ran off?" I asked. I didn't mean to make them mad, I just didn't think I could face them at that moment in time.

"Why would they be mad about that? We were all relieved. You the reason others got attacked. That's why they're mad." He explained.

I looked up at him, genuinely not believing what I was hearing. "They- they're relieved I'm gone?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"No." He said, causing me to sigh in relief. "We're relieved."

It was like he punched me in the face. Those two words hurt more than all of my elementary and middle school years combined. I could feel the tears start to building up in my eyes and I squeezed them shut tight, willing them to go away.

"You're putting us all in danger. You're the reason those kids were attacked and nearly died. No one can blame it on Kirishima, when you're the one he wants. Do us all a favor and run away for real next time." He said before pushing off of the railing and walking back inside.

I didn't know what to do or think. The boy that I loved and I thought loved me back, just told me everything was my fault and I should run away.

So that's what I did.

I jumped off the roof, activated One For All, and took off through the city.

Not once did it register in my mind that he didn't call Kirishima Shitty Hair.