Chapter 14

Beware of the angst, and a slight trigger warning.

Izuku's POV~

I was so tempted to follow him. I wanted to so bad. But I didn't. I don't think most of the people in the room would have let me.

"I'm going back to my dorm." I mumbled out to Shinso and Todoroki who were both just standing in slight awe at what had just happened. I moved towards the door and was stopped by Kirishima, Kaminari, Sero, and Mina.

"Where are you going?" Kirishima asked me suspiciously. I rolled my eyes and tried to get past, but none of them would let me.

"Jesus christ, let me through. I just want to go back to my dorm." I said, getting closer and closer to tears.

Mina looked a bit sympathetic, more so than the others, but spoke up. "We can't really let you. We don't know what you're actually going to do, and well, we can't let you talk to him. Sorry Midoriya." She explained.

I nearly punched someone. Nearly. I was so fed up with everyone at that exact moment that I nearly threw hands with my classmates who were just looking out for a friend. "I mean this in the nicest way possible, but if you don't move and let me go to my own god damn dorm, I will take you all out with my pinky. I'm not in the mood." I said dead serious, glaring them all down. Them seemed to have at least a little bit of self preservation, because they all moved.

I kept my head down and trudged through the halls. I almost went back and took the stairs to the roof, but I stayed strong and made it out of the main building. I was just out the door when I heard footsteps running after me. I didn't bother looking back, assuming it was just Kacchan's friends making sure I wasn't going to go to his dorm or something.

"Midoriya, wait up!" A voice called. I stopped walking and turned around to find Shinso and Todoroki running after me.

"Jeez, how many people are planning on skipping last hour?" I asked them. I saw a faint smile make its way on each of their faces. They seemed relieved that I was at least somewhat joking around.

We all walked back to the dorm building in silence, none of us knowing what to say. We went up to my dorm, all of us lounging around with nothing to do. I was sitting at the top of my bed, Todoroki at the bottom, and Shinso sprawled out on the ground.

"You wanna talk about it?" Todoroki was surprisingly the one to break the comfortable silence. I turned my focus to him, Shinso sitting up to look at him.

"What is there to talk about? I thought he changed, clearly he didn't." I said with a shrug, trying to hide my disappointment. I just really had hope for him.

"We all know that's not true." Todoroki said. For someone who doesn't have a whole lot of emotions, he sure is good at reading other people's.

I sighed. "If he won't let me in, I can't help him. I already said that, and he threw it back in my face. He doesn't want help, he was pretty obvious about that." I said, leaning back against my headboard. I saw Shinso get up off of the ground and sit on the other side of my bed.

"Midoriya, he's trying. You can see that. It's not as easy as you want it to be though. You can't just wake up one day and decide to change everything about your personality and do it with a snap of your fingers. He was trying, but I think it just got too hard for him, and he relapsed. Instead of yelling at him, you probably should have just tried to talk to him." He said in a monotone voice.

"So it's my fault then? It's my fault he could grow up and deal with his own mistakes?" I shot back, getting ready to kick him out of my dorm. I didn't want to hear what I already knew. I messed up, and now I was deflecting. Oh great, I'm turning into Kacchan.

"That's not what I'm saying and you know it." He said gaining a slight edge to his voice.

"No, no I don't. I tried to talk to him and he wouldn't listen. He yelled first, so how is this my fault?" I asked back, once again on the verge of tears. Todoroki was picking at a scab he knew was still sensitive.

"Midoriya, I'm not saying it's your fault-" he started but I cut him off. "Yes, yes you are!" I said, raising my voice slightly. I couldn't help as my tears fell. "I know it's my fault Todoroki! It's always my fault! I just can't do anything right, and I understand that! I'm just one big screw up after another. Everyone would just be better if I wasn't here, and I know that, but I don't need you to throw that back at me." My voice became soft and weak at the end. I had used so much energy lately, from everything with Kacchan yesterday, to the fight with him to day, and now this. I just wanted to sleep.

"That's not-"

"Just leave Todoroki. I don't want to deal with this." I said with a sigh as tears continued to fall. He stood up and shot a look at Shinso, who nodded, and then walked to my door and left.

I turned to the purple haired boy who was still sitting on my bed. "Please leave to, I really just want to be alone right now." I pleaded with him. I knew he wouldn't, but that doesn't mean I wasn't going to try.

"You know I can't do that." He said with a look of sympathy.

I curled in on my self, wrapping my arms around my knees. "Can't I have Uraraka come over then? I just don't want to deal with any part of this situation or arguement or whatever it is." I asked exhausted.

"No and you know exactly why, so stop trying to get out of it." He said getting up off of my bed. He went over to my closet and grabbed a hoodie and a pair of sweatpants, throwing them gently to me. "Go get changed." He said, pointing at my bathroom.

I changed quickly and walked back out to find Shinso laying on one side of my bed. He patted the other side and I tiredly climbed in next to him. He turned on Netflix on my tv, turning friends on. He knows it's my favorite.

He wrapped an arm around me and pulled me into his chest. "Just go to bed Izuku, it'll be better tomorrow." He whispered and I was too tired to object, or to notice how he used my first name.