Chapter 47

Samantha's POV

You never truly understand the meaning of butterflies in your stomach until it's the day of your wedding. Within the next couple of hours, I will be walking down the isle to what will be my future husband.

From the first moments I met Niall, I knew there was something different about him. His heart, his kindness, his humour are all unique qualities I've never found in another person. I may not have known it at the time but it turned out to be the very qualities that made me fall completely head over heals for him. There isn't a day that goes by that he doesn't make me smile or laugh. Not a night goes by where he isn't the last thing I think about. It's realizations like these that make me confident I've made the right decision in marrying him.

Sitting in front of the mirror getting my hair done feels like ages when all I want to do is see if there is anything I can be helping with. But I have to admit, I seem to be enjoying the attention slightly more than I had anticipated. I shift my eyes to the door when Sara walks in, seeing me for the first time with my makeup done. A subtle gasp leaves her lips when our eyes meet.

"Samatha, you look absolutely breath taking. If Niall doesn't snatch you up then I might have to!" She beams, walking over to me. Sara, insisting on having her hair and makeup done last so she can ensure everything is going according to schedule, sits down in the chair next to me.

"Can you believe today is your wedding day?" She asks, which in turn only makes the smile on my face grow with excitement.

"Everything is happening so quickly that I have to keep reminding myself to slow down and take in every moment."

As if on cue, there is a knock on the door which then enters Liam who has a little barefoot Addison sat on his lap as he maneuvers his wheel chair over to where I am. Liam lifts Addison so she is standing in front of him, her hands wrapped tightly around his fingers to prevent her wobbly legs from falling. Addison's tiny legs are hidden under her flower girl dress as her toes grip the floor for support.

"Oh Addison, you look beautiful, sweetheart!" I wait for my hairstylist to finish fixing a piece of hair that has fallen out of place before bending down to pick Addison up and sit her on my lap. The fine hairs on her head are swept behind her ears and held in place with a headband that is decorated with a pink flower. 

"Thought I would bring Addison with me and give Harry some time to get ready and I'm sure she wants to see her Aunty Sam." Much like the rest of the other groomsmen, Liam is dressed in his navy blue suit that is embellished with a white carnation. His newly shaved head is slowly but surely growing back but not long enough that it requires any maintenance to fix it up which I'm sure he enjoys.

"I'm sure you already know what I'm going to say but I think that its important that it be said." He takes Addison back from me and I turn in my chair so that I can actually face him when I talk to him. Liam talks about our parents and their importance in today, especially with my father not here to walk me down the isle.

"Its been hard not to think of the both of them during the whole process of wedding planning but I wouldn't walk down the isle in any other way. Even if that means I have to push you myself." I laugh, enjoying the comical relief of our conversation.

"Oh I almost forgot- the whole reason I came here in the first place" He reaches into his suit pocket and pulls out a small box before handing it to me.

"Your something blue." He adds. I opened the velvet box to see a beautiful silver necklace which is decorated in blue sapphires. I can remember my mother often wearing it for special occasions.

"Now I know you already have your jewelry picked out for today but Sara had the idea to wrap the necklace around the base of your bouquet so you can still have it with you down the isle."