Chapter 30

Niall's POV

Bringing my hand to knock on her door, I felt a strange nervousness in my gut and for the first time in a long time, I knew exactly why. I was about to tell the girl I was falling more and more in love with that it was my time to leave. Of course she already knew this but now it was finally becoming real. This was something we had known for a long time that I would be  going on tour again which was an inevitability from the moment we met. So no, it isn't a surprise to either of us. But that doesn't mean it isn't anxiety ridden for both of us.

I had an idea of what I was going to say when I saw her but everything I had ever thought of escaped out of my mind the moment the door handle started to move. I pulled my hands to clasp behind my back, mainly to stop from fidgeting. A nervous habit I had picked up from Louis.

The door opened slowly, my eyes falling on her. Her hair was down, long, brown waves falling over her shoulders. She wore a simple plain shirt and a pair of slacks, a grey sweater pulled across her because of the cool spring weather of mid March here. She looked gorgeous as always, the tension in my stomach now tightening at the sight of her.

She forced a small smile, stepping back to allow me inside. Closing the door behind me, I watched as she moved towards her bed. Sitting beside her, I angled myself close to her. I wanted to reach out and to pull her close to me and kiss her. I didn't want to talk and discuss the fact that I was leaving and we still hadn't arranged for the next time we'd be able to see one another again. I wanted to kiss her and savor her instead.

"How much time do we have before you have to leave for the airport?" She asked, her voice low and quiet. I looked down at my watch and didn't want to look back up at her in her fallen eyes.

"A little over and hour. Someone stopped by the house yesterday to grab all of or luggage and supplies so we just have to worry about getting ourselves out the door in time." I told her briefly. I reached for her hand which was soft but at the same time it was warm from her nervously fidgeting.

"I know it feels like it will be forever before we will be able to meet up again but I promise I will-" My words were cut short by her lips roughly pressing against mine. I was taken back by her abruptness but steadied myself. I inhaled her scent and tasted her lips, something I know I'll miss too much while I'm away.

She pulled away too soon leaving me speechless. I studied her facial expression but couldn't find the reason for her sudden gesture, although I wasn't opposed to it by any means. She gave me a little laugh before leaning forward and pressing her lips to mine again.

In a mater of seconds I placed my left hand on her back, bracing her and lowering her on the bed. Now parallel with each other I ran my hand up and down her body. I felt every dip and curve of her, pressing myself closer to her. She was breathing deeply as was I as. We positioned ourselves there with only want and need around us.

Completely breathless I retracted my lips from her regrettably. My eyes roamed her face, her subtle blue eyes and the soft pink natural blush she wore on her face. Everything about her was captivating. I brought my right hand up to her face and felt her smooth skin under my touch, sending pulses through my entire body.

My eyes moved down to the rest of her body, taking in her shape and timeless physique. She was undeniably sexy and I wanted nothing more than to take her right here, right now. I looked back into her eyes and there was no denying we were thinking the same thing.

"Take your pants off." She instructed and those were the only words I needed to hear.

"Someone's eager." I commentated with a slight grin while doing as she ordered. I began to undo my pants as she took off her shirt. I fumbled with my belt, distracted by her bare skin. My god, how did I deserve this?