Chapter 23

Sara's POV

I laid awake and curled up in bed, the same thing I have been doing for the whole morning and most of the night. Harry won't be home for at least two hours because he has yet to finish another interview with yet another magazine, tv show, or god knows whatever else. It feels like I'm by myself more and more lately. It's less than a week until they announce the tour and you can tell the media is getting suspicious of something; they know it's an announcement but nobody is sure of what exactly. There was always speculations of everyone ideas and all we have to do is confirm it. It's still a shock to me every time they talk about it even though I've known about it for a few weeks now.

I effortlessly picked up Addison out of her crib for the morning. She has been crying close to ten minutes before I had any energy to leave my room and go get her. I leaned over her crib and she looked up at me like I was her favourite person in the world and I couldn't help but feel in the pit of my stomach like she was wrong. I brought her over to her change table to put her in her new clothes for the day. Her eyes were wide open like they were every morning, adjusting to her surroundings.

Once she was done I proceeded to carry her back to mine and Harry's room, laying her down on the bed. I didn't bother getting dressed myself so I laid next to her, resuming my position from five minutes earlier. I closed my eyes, avoiding any visual contact with her because I knew I would just be reminded of Aiden like I was every day for the past two  months.

I was catching myself starting to doze off again when I could hear the front door open and close. Has it been two hours already? I heard Harry move around the kitchen, I assumed he was making something to eat. I began to get angry, was he not going to come take the baby? I was home all day with her so the least he could do is take her off my hands for a while.

"Harry?" I yelled, starling Addison. She began to cry which she did most of the time. I would have tried to clam her down but it would have been no use because I never could. Harry made his way upstairs faster than I expected.

"What? Is something wrong?" He asked, his breath heavy from doing the stairs so quickly.

"No but I need you to take the baby, I've had her all morning." He looked at me confused. He's acting like having something depend on you for their every need is easy or fun. "Oh and she'll probably want something to eat. I haven't gotten around to feeding her yet."

"You haven't fed Addison yet today? It's almost two o'clock in the afternoon!" Harry seemed angry now.

"I'm sorry, I had no energy today and I've felt nothing but exhaustion." Sounding less empathetic than I should have. That was the partial truth. Yes I was both those things but that wasn't even half of it. I crossed my arms and looked anywhere but in Harry's direction.

"That's still no excuse to not care for the needs of your child." Those words seemed to hit me like shards of glass being dug into my back. It hurt but I didn't want to admit that it was the truth.

"Well maybe if you were home more often than a few hours a day then I wouldn't have to do this alone!" I yelled back, anger starting to resurface. He doesn't understand what I go through He leaves whenever the hell he wants to. He decides when he wants to come home and expects me to just adapt to his needs. I'm not the one at fault here.

"I have a job that I need to do in order to take care of this family and you know that." Harry snarled. I rubbed my fingers hard against my temples, producing hot friction. I tried to block out this conversations entirely and wished Harry would just leave with the baby already. She still hasn't stopped crying and it was starting to become more irritating.

"Can you please just leave me for a bit, the baby clearly doesn't want me anyways." There was no emotion in my voice, almost sounding rehearsed. Harry sighed and I didn't look up as he made his way to the bedroom door.