Chapter 37

Samantha's POV

Venice. The most breathtaking city in the entire world. For someone who hasn't seen Italy, it's hard to believe how beautiful life can truly be. Here mark the streets where poems have been written, where stories have been born, where people have loved and lost. It's almost too much for one to take in at once.

So far, we've spent our entire first week in Venice but the reality of it was it felt like it was only our second day. We've done everything you could ever imagine from visiting the beaches to touring the museums which made things a little more interesting considering you aren't allowed cameras in the museums. All of our fan encounters have been quicker since people don't seem to know what to say or do around us without their flash photography. The occasional side stares that I've caught put a smile on my face because once the eye contact was made, they would quickly turn away and giggle to their friends.

I've found out recently that beaches are a touchy subject for Niall. He can't seem to go to one without coming home with some kind of sunburn. It doesn't matter if he uses sunscreen or not, he burns just the same. It truly is the Irish in him. I offered to go down to the beaches alone because unlike Niall, my skin is capable of absorbing a tan. I think back to the conversation we had about the first time I asked to go to the beach alone.

"I really don't mind going by myself. A big hat and sunglasses have worked to disguise me on the trip so far so I don't see the problem."

"Absolutely not. You are not allowed to step foot in any place where I can't be there to make sure people know you belong to me." I was somewhat taken aback by his all of a sudden territorial manner but decided to go along with it.

"What are you going to do? Take off your shirt and blind people with how pale your skin is?" I laughed. This time it was laugh that contained a snort which only made me laugh harder. Before I would have been embarrassed to do something so unattractive in front of Niall but we've gotten to the point in our relationship where nothing we do fazes us anymore.

"It's alright Niall, your allowed to be jealous once in a while." I winked at him knowing very well he hated when I accused him of being jealous. I couldn't help but poke fun of him whenever I could- it's what keeps our relationship strong and healthy.

"I'm not jealous, I'm territorial. Jealously is when you want something that isn't yours. Territorial is protecting what's already yours." He concurred.

"Oh, so I'm your territory now?" I asked, raising my eyebrows at him.

"Okay maybe territory was the wrong word." He replied, scratching the top of his head. "Look I'm not the jealous type but what's mine is mine. End of story."

I wasn't going to lie, I enjoyed having someone in my life who took pride in having me as their girlfriend. Someone who loved me enough to be concerned about losing me. But that being said I decided to end the conversation there, realizing I was never going to win this argument but it wasn't something I cared to disagree about.

I laid out the things we would be eating for our lunch that ended up being later in the day than we had anticipated but then again, we aren't really on any kind of schedule. I stood in the kitchen wearing nothing but my underwear and one of Niall's shirts. I had already made the mistake of assuming the house keepers knocked before entering our beach house. Let's just say Niall wasn't too thrilled with not being the only one to see me in just my underwear and a bra.

"So, you never did end up telling me how you managed to pull off this entire trip by yourself without my knowledge. I still don't even know when it ends because you never said it had to." I trailed off momentarily with a smile carved into my face. "I thought you were joking about having a vacation that never had to end which clearly you are indeed not joking about but unfortunately its not very realistic." I mentioned. A smirk spread across his face that looked like he was proud of himself.