Chapter 19

Harry's POV

My eyes moved to the little baby coming in after Sara. I looked closer and I saw my son wrapped in a blue blanket with a blue hat on his small head. I walked over to him and looked at him. I stared at all his little features. I reached over and touched his small hand. I slid my fingers in his hand even though his fingers didn't wrap around my one finger, it was still an amazing feeling to be touching my son. I'm finally a father.

I looked up at the nurse who was in the other side of me.

"Can I hold him?" I asked. She smiled and nodded her head. I carefully slipped my hand under his tiny body an my other hand under his head to support it. I lifted him up and brought him close to my body. I moved him so his head was resting on my arm. As I stood there looking at him, I quickly realized he looks almost the exact same as his sister.

I walked over to Sara and sat down in the chair next to her. She turned her head to look at me and gave me a weak smile. Her smile grew bigger as she saw our son.

"He's perfect."

I remember the first time I saw Aiden like it was yesterday. It was the happiest day of my life but little did I know that it would lead to one of the worst days I would experience of as a father. No one could possibly predict that something like this could ever happen and its every parents worst nightmare. The last thing any parent wants to do is attend their own child's funeral.

I looked in the mirror as I buttoned up my white dress shirt. It was a rare occasion when I wore this shirt. The last time I wore this shirt was when Aiden and Addison were born after coming from Chase's court date. Never would have I thought that the next time I would wear it would be my son's funeral. I scanned the tattoos that mark up my body and tried to not look at the ribs that are barely imprinting on the top of my skin. I haven't bothered to eat much lately and I've started to notice that its becoming easier and easier to say no to eating. I've simply lost my appetite.

"Are you ready?" Sara asked. I nodded. Having Sara home has made a bigger impact on me than I had expected. I would like to say that things have gone back to the way they were before but I can't. Not yet at least.

We walked out to the car and I fastened Addison in her car seat in complete silence. As we began to pull out of the driveway, I quickly noticed the tears rolling down Sara's face as she looked out the window but I decided not to mention anything. I reached for her hand and she grabbed it reassuringly. We drove past many familiar places and somehow I've been able to make a connection to Aiden with each one I see. I don't feel the urge to fight back tears because none seemed to reach the surface. Strangely enough I haven't felt the urge to cry in a while and I'm afraid that its all going to come out today.

After minutes upon minutes of silent driving through dark clouds and a sunless sky, we arrived at the funeral home that we would be spending most of the day.

With Addison in her carrier beside me, I pushed through the front door and into the lobby. The women I met a few days ago that helped me plan the service, Danyell I think her name was, stood holding a stack of folded papers and walked towards up.

She smiled sympathetically as she approached us. "I want to express my condolences to you and your family. Loosing a child is never easy." I wanted to ask her how she would ever know what feels like but instead I just nodded politely.

"Can I offer you a program for today's service?" Both Sara and I accepted the program but I could barely open it because of the picture of Aiden that was on the front cover with the words "In Loving Memory"

I remember the day we decided to get photos taken of the twins. I wasn't too keen about someone we didn't know coming and photographing our children but Sara insisted. Looking back now, I'm glad we did because otherwise we wouldn't have a good picture to use for the program.