Chapter 44

Samantha's POV

"I'm leaving in a few minutes to pick up my mum up from the airport so there's still some time to, you know, have a little fun." Niall circled around behind me and kissed me right below my ear. As tempting as it was, I had to turn his offer down.

"I already told you, I still have a ton of stuff to do before she gets here-you know how I get when she comes over. I just want everything to be perfect."

"Samantha she's your future mother in law, she has to like you whether she wants to or not." He smirked. I hit him measly across the chest, not as amused as he was by his comment.

"You know I'm only kidding, baby. You know she already thinks of you as another member of the family. Poor woman only had two sons and I never found her so happy as to when Greg brought Denise home for the first time..." He trailed off. I finished getting ready in the bathroom and made my way to the kitchen where I started preparing something for lunch. It wasn't too far of a drive to the airport so Niall wouldn't be long.

I finished with whatever I had set out to do earlier in the day and grabbed half of a sandwich from the ones I had made for the three of us once they had returned. Not long after I had sat down, Niall arrived with his mum- one of the sweetest ladies I had ever met.

"Samantha, it's so good to see you again!" Maura exclaimed, embracing me in a welcoming hug. Seeing Maura this time felt different knowing she was officially going to be my future mother in law. A smile spread across my face at the thought of it.

"I'll take your bags upstairs to your spare room." Niall said to his mother, picking up her two small suitcases.

"That's quite alright dear, I can take them upstairs myself." She said, grabbing them from him.

"Mum, your a guest in my house now. The least I can do is take your bags to your room." Niall countered. Maura agreed politely and we then made our way to the living room, too occupied to remember about the sandwiches that were still on the kitchen table.

"Now before we get to anything else, I need to see that gorgeous ring on your finger!" She exclaimed with excitement. I was being accustomed to people wanting to look and admire my ring so it almost felt like second nature to put my hand out when she started talking about it.

"What can I say, your son has beautiful taste in jewelry." I blushed.

"Designed it myself." Niall called out, quickly returning to us.

"Harry and Sara said they're running a little late but should be here within the next half an hour." Niall mentioned, shifting the conversation topic. Maura had shown a lot of interest in wanting to see Addison during her visit with us. Harry has grown close to Maura over the years with her being another mother figure in his life while he grew up in the industry.

"How old is Addison now? I haven't seen that sweet girl in far too long."

"We just celebrated her first birthday a few months ago so she's just under 15 months old."

Small talk was made until Harry and Sara came just under an hour later. We ate the sandwiches as an early dinner and spent the rest of our time catching up between the 5 of us adults. It's was a nice relaxing evening that was filled with stories and laughter. Maura eventually left to get ready for bed after her long day of traveling which left us to talk with Harry and Sara.