Chapter 14

Sara's POV

My legs dangled off the side of the bed as I tried to clear my head. I've been sitting here for the last half hour trying to figure out what to do with Harry and I's situation. I haven't spoken one word to him since he got home from the interview more than a week ago. I've been the one to take care of the twins and he doesn't even offer to help. I never thought Harry and I would fight like this. As naive as it sounds, I thought Harry and I would have our perfect little family when we moved into our house; I guess I was wrong.

I know I need to do something to distract my mind from everything that's going on so I decided to go and work out. I might as well do it now while Aiden and Addison are still asleep. I changed into some comfy clothes and headed towards the bedroom door. As soon as I reached the door, I ran straight into someone. I knew that it could only be one person so I looked up to face Harry.

"Sorry, I was just leaving." I muttered, looking down again. I attempted to move past him and make my way downstairs without him saying anything.

"Sara wait." I stopped walking and slowly turned towards him. He looks tired and not like himself. It almost makes me feel bad for him. The white shirt he's wearing looks like he hasn't washed it in days and his pants look like their ready for the garbage. It's quite sad really. I listened to him in hopes of an apology of some sort. Something he will say that will get us past our whole situation.

He was about to say something but stopped. "The twins are awake." He then turned around and left to walk into our bedroom.

"Your absolutely unbelievable." I spat. I threw my arms up in the air and stormed off. How rude could he be? I actually thought he would apologise! I must be stupid if I thought I could actually get an apology out of Harry.

I stormed my way to the twins room and opened the door with a bit of a force. To my surprise, I found both of the twins sound asleep. Why would Harry lie to me? I proceeded to walk out of the room. I suddenly was overcome with anger and hostility. Never have I ever felt this way towards Harry.

I decided to forget the workout and to go have a shower instead. The words Harry spoke to me kept replaying in my mind as I stepped into the scalding hot water. I stood there for a good five minutes before really doing anything. Finally I reached for the soap and started to lather my body. I washed both my hair and body before reaching for the razor to shave my legs. As I reached for it, the razor accidentally fell, cutting my finger in the process. I swore under my breath and waited for the pain to come.

I suddenly realised that it wasn't pain I was feeling, it was relief. I watched as the blood pooled on the top of my finger. The bubble of blood finally burst, sending lines down my hand and into the water below me. I picked up the razor off the tub floor and studied it in my hand. The options played through my head of the things I could do with the razor besides shave my legs. Then the though of my children and the promise I made to Niall a while ago came to my mind. I was about to put the razor down when Harry's lie and all the fighting between us slipped into my head.

I detached the top of the razor from the handle and let the bottom drop to the ground. I didn't give what I'm about to do a second though as Harry's lie played over and over in my head. Everything bad that has happened lately is all coming full circle, sending more anger and sadness through me. I lifted the blade towards the inside of my shoulder, close to my collar bone, not caring what part was being cut. I slid the blade across my skin and waited for the blood to reach the surface. I feel a sting with first slice, and then my heart started to speed up when I saw the blood, because I know I've done something I shouldn't have, and yet I've gotten away with it. I make another cut, and then another, the same length as the first one.