Chapter 35

Samantha's POV

"What do you say we get out of here tonight?" Niall asked at random. A part of me was disappointed at the fact that he didn't want to stay home tonight but then again we've been cooped up in this house for days.

"Where did you have in mind?" I asked him. I adjusted my position on the bed beside him, making for an easier communication from where I was before with my head resting on his lap.

"We could go out for dinner and then grab a drink if you want."

"That sounds like an amazing plan but you know things like this take time to plan-we cant always just leave whenever we feel like it and just show where ever we want and expect them to clear out the restaurant for us." I felt bad for putting down his plan so quickly but we couldn't deny the facts of our unique situation. 

"It'll be fine. I'll call that new place that opened just down the street from Harry and Sara's and ask them if they could reserve something in the back  for us. Harry's done it before and it wasn't a problem." he suggested.

"What place?" Usually I was the more adventurous one when it came to trying new things so I was surprised to hear him suggesting something like this. 

"It's this new place that serves these really fancy dishes. You know, where you end up paying more to eat less." He laughed. All jokes aside the food there sounded really amazing with what Niall went on to describe to me and I was excited to try it with him.

"I'm trusting your judgment so don't let me down." I laughed. "I'll call the driver and see if he can give us a ride." He reached over to kiss my cheek and then left to go get changed. I was happy to drive but I know it would be difficult with the added media coverings with everyone knowing the guys are home now.

I went to go let Liam know we would be leaving and then got changed myself. I chose a tight fitting lavender colored dress that had silver accents on it. It's been forever since I've gotten to dress up like this so I was going to take advantage of the night. I grabbed my silver clutch and made my way to the front door.

I got a glimpse of Niall coming down the stairs wearing dress pants and light colored ivory shirt. I couldn't help but notice he was having trouble putting on his tie so I snickered under my breath before going over to help him.

"Don't give me that look, I can't remember the last time I was ordered to wear a wrinkle free shirt and tie." We both laughed as I slipped on a pair of heels, resting my hand on Niall's shoulder for some balance.

"Ladies first." The smile on Niall's face almost made me laugh from the cheekiness that went along with it. Even though I would have denied it an hour ago, it felt nice to get out of the house and spend some quality time with the man that never failed to put a smile on my face. Now all we had to do was get through all the cameras of the public eye...

The driver pulled up outside and I entered the car that was encased with black tinted windows. Niall graciously opened the car door for me which he knew I always adored because it made me feel special to him.

I grabbed his hand after he slipped the driver the piece of paper that had the address to the restaurant on it. It's moments like these where I can truly appreciate life. I had the people I cared about around me, we had no complications surrounding us at the moment, and my relationship with Niall has never been better. I can say wholeheartedly that I love this man.

Niall and I made small talk as we drove to the restaurant. At this point I had even lost track of the time but it didn't bother me the slightest. I didn't want to rush to our destination quickly and not take advantage of the added alone time we had- something I took for granted way too often. the small talk also meant I would have to ignore the grumbling sounds of my empty stomach.