Chapter 36

Sara's POV

These recent sleepless nights have started to catch up with me. Some nights I quite enjoyed, spending time alone with Harry. Other nights I was completely frozen in fear from nightmares and rushes of panic only to hope to be able to fall back asleep in order to not wake up Harry.

Nightmares of my only child being harmed or taken away from me and anxiety of whoever seemed to unwilling be lurking around our house with harmful intentions. The comfort of Harry's arms around me kept me calmer but that didn't keep me from wanting my daughter beside me every second of the day, especially during the night.

But I knew I couldn't express that to Harry because it would only worry him more. He felt the need to be our protector so stress was already upon him. The added pressure of our hearts pounding every time the phone rang with another update from the police only to be let down with finding out nothing new has been discovered.

I didn't know what I wanted or expected from all of this. Did I want someone to be punished for something they may or may not do? My mind switched back to the conversation I had when the police officers first arrived at my house.

"The reasons for why someone might do this are never the same. Some do it for money, some do it for the publicity, and some do it because their minds aren't like the rest of ours and they don't posses the same mental state as everyone else which leads their minds to do things they can't control."

The officers distinct voice resonated in my head as I thought back to the words he said to Samantha and I. The worst part of this was knowing something might not even happen after all of this and we spend our countless days and nights worrying about the unknown. Its the worst case scenarios that constantly keep me on my toes.

"Tell me whats on your mind." Harry's voice filled my ears as I looked up to see him feeding Addison in her high chair.

"Nothing important. Just thinking of the errands I still have to do before your sister and your mother get here tomorrow." I lied- this was the more believable answer.

"I wouldn't worry too much about it, you know they're not hard women to please. Besides lets be honest, they're really only here to see Addison and could care less about anything else."

"That may be true but we barely have anything in our fridge and I wanted to pick up a few things like a new bed spread for the guest rooms and some decorative pillows for our room."

"Decorative pillows?" Harry snickered at me. "Since when did we become the people that cared about decorative pillows and putting potpourri in the bathrooms?"

"Its just a nice touch that actually makes our house feel like a home." I explained to a man who clearly knew nothing about making our guests feel comfortable- especially his own mother.

"Whats that saying? Happy wife, Happy life?" He smirked. I quickly interjected.

"You don't get to say that unless you have the ring to prove it." I added, holding up the hand that contained only the promise ring that had a permanent position on the fourth finger of my left hand.

Rights as he was about to reply, Addison's hand managed to hit the spoon Harry was holding which contained her food. The contents of her food went airborne until they reached the top of Harry's forehead, just missing his hair.

"Well I guess that means your not hungry anymore, doesn't it?" Harry spoke jokingly. It was very rare to see Harry ever get mad at his daughter. He was a completely different person when he's around her. Its not hard to see she already has him wrapped around her little finger at the young age of one.