Chapter 43

Sara's POV

"And how's Liam doing today?' I asked Samantha over the phone. At the moment Harry and I are driving home from the airport after dropping Anne off. She has been an absolute blessing with everything that has been going on with Liam, helping to watch Addison and keep the house in order. Harry glanced at me, also curious as to how Liam was feeling today. It had been a week and a half since Liam had woken up and we were constantly asking for updates to see if there was any improvement.

"He wiggled his toes today!" Samantha replied excitedly and I relayed Harry the news.

"That's good! How's he feeling?" I asked.

"He's having a better day," Samantha trailed off and I could hear the uncertainty in her voice.

"He wiggled is toes, that's progress," I told her, trying to look at the better side of the awful situation we were in.

She signed and said lowly, "He always gets so frustrated when the physiotherapist works with him. It's hard to see him working so hard with so little payoff."

"What did the therapist say?"

"She said she thinks Liam can regain a lot of his mobility back but it's going to take time. Then again she also said there is a chance he won't be able to get back to where he was before he got sick. He seems to be having some problems with balance that will take time to fix. But good news is Liam has an appointment with a neurologist tomorrow." She explained, "I think the doctor is also looking at moving him to a different facility that is more suited to the care for the needs he has now."

"That's a good thing! At least he doesn't need emergent care anymore. It's an uphill battle from here. I know he's frustrated with the slow progress but it is still progress. We just have to take it one day at a time." Samantha took a deep breath and I could picture her nodding, more so to reassure herself.

"Do you need Harry and I to come down?" I offered, "We can sit with Liam and you can get something to eat and a shower?"

"No, that's alright. Louis said him and Eleanor are going to watch Addison so you and Harry can go out tonight. You guys go out and have some fun." I felt a bit guilty going out while my best friend sat in a hospital with her brother who had been recently in a life-threatening coma.

"Don't do that," She said as if she could read my thoughts. "Go out and have some fun. You guys need some time for yourselves. How are things going on the home front?"

"Slow progress but we're taking it one day at a time." It definitely was slow building the relationship back up after we'd fallen so far. But I also get to fall in love with my best friend all over again.

"Liam says to have fun too. He wants me to tell Harry to have a beer for him." I heard the bit of mumbling in the background and I chuckled while I told Harry what Liam said.

"He's sure? We can stop by before we go," Harry offered and I put the phone on speaker.

"Honestly, I'm a bit sick of you two. You need to give a lad a break." We heard Liam teasing us, signaling Samantha had passed the phone to Liam to assure us we weren't needed tonight. "Going to put me back in a coma. You know what, you too Samantha. Go take a shower and change your..." Samantha pulled the phone away from Liam and we heard some muffled talking.

Harry chuckled at the sibling banter and said, "Never thought I'd miss his teasing."

"Well you did," Liam replied as I heard Samantha say something in the background, sounding better than he had in days. "And I got some time to make up for."

"You'll have to make it up tomorrow then. We have a date tonight," Harry said.

"Great," Liam laughed. "Give Niall a call and see if he can drag my sister out as well. And tell him to give her a bath."

Breaking Point (Sequel)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara