Chapter 39

Sara's POV           

"Harry, can you bring the diaper bag down when you come?" I yelled out to Harry who was still in our bedroom. I slipped on a pair of shoes as I waited impatiently with Addison in the doorway. It felt like a bad habit but we seemed to frequently run late for places we had to be. I'd like to say it's because of Addison and all the extra things we need to pack in a bag for her every time we leave the house but we've been running late since we started dating. We were heading out the door to drop off Addison with Liam so that Harry and I could spend the night on a date.

"I already grabbed it. Just take Addison and put her into the car, I'll meet you in there in a sec." He replied back. I scooped up Addison in her carrier and opened the garage door.

"Come here baby girl, let's go see Uncle Liam."

We exited through the garage door and into the car. She was almost outgrowing her car seat which meant we would have to upgrade to a bigger car seat. Luckily for us, she received one from Niall and Samantha on her first birthday a few months ago along with other things that I'm sure she will also be outgrowing shortly.

I waited in the car for Harry and pulled out my phone to text Liam that we were just about to leave the house. I scrolled through my pictures and looked for the image I had saved of when Samantha sent me the photo of her engagement ring. I admired Niall's taste in jewelry and hoped that if our future included the same situation that Harry would pick out something similar.

I didn't have any more time to explore my thoughts when Harry entered the vehicle. I slide my phone into my purse forgetting to check if Liam had replied yet or not. We were on the road for only a few minutes when Addison started to fuss in the backseat. I attempted to calm her down but nothing I was doing seemed to work including Harry speaking softly to her which usually seemed to help.

"Maybe check and see if her blanket fell, we both know she can't survive this entire car ride without it." Without a doubt he was right. We didn't know why but it was something about car rides that was unsettling for her. But with all of this said, I grumbled and connected the palm of my hand to my forehead in frustration.

"She doesn't have her blanket with her. When we walked to the park yesterday, it must have fallen out of her stroller but when I realized it, it was already too late. I circled the entire park and couldn't find it anywhere. I meant to grab one of her other ones for the car ride but completely forgot to." I huffed.

"Were going to have to see if we can find one that looks just like the one she lost but for now, were all going to have to endure her traumatizing screams."

This was a long car ride to Liam's and we still had at least twenty minutes left and I knew Harry and I wouldn't be able to handle the high-pitched screaming for much longer. We were already running late as it is so without having to make Harry pull over on the side of the road, I unbuckled my seat belt and attempted to illegally crawl into the back seat. We chose to drive the car today so the space between the driver and passenger seats was minimal, not giving me much space to squeeze through to the back.

At this point, I was stuck halfway between the front and back seats at my hips. It was brought to my attention that Harry felt the need to lend me some help. With a firm hand, he smacked the rear side of my ass, jolting me slightly forward.

"Harry, was that at all necessary?" I asked over Addison's screams, slightly annoyed. His hand print was left stinging and would most likely remain there for at least a good few days.

"I thought it was." He concurred. I didn't have to look back at him to know a sly grin was plastered on his face.

I eventually wiggled and heaved my way into the back seat and found a soother in her diaper bag. The gift of silence was given to us when Addison took it feverishly.