Chapter 31 - Onward To Salvation

Start from the beginning

"Well, it's not just that. There's also something deeper beyond what she said. At first, I thought she only referred to the Zlocans we were facing. At this point, we could say that even in their current stage, we're most likely even have a small percentage of how predictable they can be."

"To be honest, I can't see anything wrong with that. As long we can teach our arts of counterattacks," Jackson replies with a sly smile. 

"Yeah yeah. Yet, I felt something else..."

"Oh really?"

"Nah, I'm just joking with you."

"Boy, you ain't tricking me with the oldest trick of all books. "

"Sneaky ass." Jack starts to chuckle too as he looks at Sylvester, who does not have an idea of what he is going on about.

"Is there something extra funny about what I said?"

"Oh no no, man...but she does," Jack says as he nods with his face in the direction of someone else that he is pointing to. Sylvester does so, it turns out to be Amira, with a slight smile on her face.

"You read it all, didn't you?" Sylvester asks.

"Well, I got too curious," she says sheepishly as the rest of the crew chuckles at her too. Sylvester shakes his head as he chuckles too. A little bit of fun from them indeed, perhaps sorely needed.

"Yeah yeah..." Sylvester then stands up as he approaches near the cockpit where Seiner is piloting the chopper, manning it as the usual business.

"Do you see something resembling a stadium, boy?"

"Negative. We're still a few kilometers away from the city. Maybe a few more." 

"Mmmm, keep on going then. But we better hurry or else-"

"They die? Yes, I get it mate. The less worrybug you are, the better the situation and you know it." This prompts Lucy to shoot a scowl on his face as she hears the response. "Ok, forget what I said...happy?"

"As long as ye can be, boy," Lucy says. After that, Sylvester's pocket shakes, which makes him reach it with his hand. It's the phone ringing. He then presses a button and puts it near his ear.

"Yes? Oh, you mean the news? Oh damn...thank you, Major, I'll do it right away." Sylvester hangs up the phone as he scrolls across the phone until clicking on a news app. It has a headline which says:

"An Address to the nation and the world by President Hernandez."

This makes Sylvester's eyes widen as he leans again to the cockpit of the chopper. Seiner, however, grimaces at the sight of the Colonel.

"No time for some rant, use the chopper's board to connect with the broadcast of the news. It's very important for you to hear it."

"Oh, the president?"

"Well no, the head of the WWF...Of course, it's the president."

"Upping the competition, aren't you...alright then." Seiner then presses some buttons on the board of the chopper. After a few moments of silence, the speakers start to transmit audio coming from Sylvester's phone. So far, only murmuring in the background is heard, with some loading their cameras and some military officers in the back, waiting for the arrival of the president.

"This better be good to hear. From a good authority figure for once I hope," Andrei quips. Sylvester can only groan slightly before turning back to the cockpit of the chopper. After moments of silence pass by, a figure appears, revealing a middle-aged dark-skinned woman dressed in a red suit,  and greying black hair. Sylvester smiles as he sees her come to the stage of the press briefing room of the White House.