Chapter 111 - Somebody That I Used to Know

2 hours later. 

The mission is now set. 

High above in the city's skies, where clouds of varying shapes and forms shroud the sun for a bit, while the deserted roads are full of debris, wreckage and any other object of war seen many miles away. All are proof of everything that transpired when the city was invaded by the Zlocu, and changed in more ways than one, not just for the Humans who oppose them, but also for their collaborators. So many of the beauty and mere cities that people want to live in peace, now turned into deviations twisted by the Zlocu themselves. 

But today, that may change for something much better. 

In the east, a flying object of high velocity flies in the sky, far more than mere commercial planes and even helicopters. 

Even though is in fact a particular chrome-colored chopper. With occasions like this one, such speed is sorely needed if it comes to reaching places to not just evade the enemy radar, but also find any quick post and even allies to coordinate future missions against the Zlocu. 

"Status report, Warrior lead," Sly's voice says in the intercoms one of the earpieces from the leader, Logan to be exact as Seiner flies the Chrome-Copter to the nearest urban area. 

"All clear and good," Logan replies calmly, all while the Copter flies toward a town in South LA, one where aside from some smoke in the sky and some flames in the building, it looks quite like a shanty town of many proportions. 

A status that the Zlocu intend to keep. 

"To recap a bit; Your mission is to gather all possible support you can find through the Evolving Zones, a breeding ground of dissent and rebellion for those against the Zlocu and their Human lapdogs." As Sly further explains, the sight of the town gets clearer in sight, as Seiner places his finger on one of the cubes with Logan standing behind him, waiting for the moment to land in a spot where they can carry the mission without detection. 

Logan's gaze remains unchanged as he observes a glimpse of the town as a whole, which is enough to make him sigh for a bit. 

"Once you gathered enough rebels, that's where step eight comes in." 

"This city was my whole life for many years, so many times I've got in there for better or worse..." Logan says while breathing for a bit, still unchanging his gaze at the city where he was born and raised. Such moments can be difficult to swallow in times of war, especially if it concerns some people that he used to know to be gone for a long time or even for good. 

All the while Amira and Rian glance at him for a bit, with frowns on their faces over Logan's words. 

"All involving both family members... And special figures for me," Logan adds as he rubs his hand near the place where the heart is, the place where it carries every feeling for every memory and moment he yearns or remembers for so long. 

"Ten seconds until drop off," Seiner adds as the Chrome Copter approaches the downtrodden city. 

"For every single living being in there, all witnessing the actions of the Zlocu and their Humans is not one they deserve to know. And that's why we wish to end this mission soon," Logan says. Finally, Seiner presses the button near the cube and shouts the command to return the copter in digitized form, with him pressing the other cube to activate a wide and bouncing shield that covers the whole group including Wolfpac. 

They land at a nearby wrecked wall, shattering it in pieces as dust spreads around the zone while the teams wait until the coast looks clear. 

"One final question before you head out, do you intend to return here once it's over, Logan?" Sly asks once more.