Chapter 148 - Disturbance

8 hours later. 

In the confines of the sheriff's office, the sun's rays of the morning shine through the windows, illuminating the room inside, where various pieces of equipment, as well the office desks in the entrance and some of the lockers receive a plentiful of rays to give life to a deserted place. Most of the officers left already to commit to their duties by guarding the playful children in the sunny outdoors, helping the elders transport their merchandise in the makeshift stores, ensuring that no criminals pass through undetected, and so forth. One could even say that the empty office is a sign of the dedicated workforce of a village of this scale. 

Save for a lone occupant inside the office. 

In one corner of the office, where piles of sandbags are lined up in rows, the sounds of punches echo through the room in a thundering force not seen many times in any life or form.  Most of the sandbags are very dented and dried out, almost as if something drained them in a matter of seconds. Of course, such strength can only come from a certain individual, one who's already launching a series of hooks and jabs to one sandbag before being thrown away from the sheer strength. 

The power of Terry's brawns shines through as always, with all the sweat and panting coming out of her as she keeps her training up. Even if said training lasts for hours, her unrelenting drive is one unlike others. Years of training paying off it seems. 

Of course, this happens while the door creaks open, where a certain figure in a red shirt and brunette hair walks in. Logan to be exact,  with circles around the eyes due to the events of the early morning, taking a slumped posture, and slightly shaking his head too. Of all the places he can go and look for guidance, the sheriff's office may be a bit of an odd one out given the layers and atmosphere of the room, like it's another place to look for trouble when it comes to dealing with certain issues plaguing him. 

But yet, there seems to be something worthy in getting Logan to hang out on his own when interacting with someone with the likes of Terry. Surely, that moment would do a lot to determine to see if Logan can get something out of Terry. 

Logan stops behind Terry, still focusing on hooking and jabbing at any sandbag in sight while her muscles strain strenuously, breathing heavily and flexing higher than ever. And yet, Logan can't help but keep a long gaze at her moves, speed, and strength. Of course, it's a matter of time if Terry has the mood for it. 

"... So, is everything alright, Terry?" Logan asks softly, and with that alone, Terry finishes with a jab that hurls the remaining sandbag to the floor. She pants heavily, yet her gaze remains focused on the other side of the room. All in control, it seems. 

"Yes. As far as I am concerned. But I believe it's not what you seek for, is it not?" Terry replies without glancing back, her tone firm and stern. 

"Is there something wrong with it? I'm just checking in," Logan says. Terry only grunts in response as she stretches her arms. 

"I suppose it's from what Dill told me about the Helldivers when they heard your name. He always blurts things out without permission." 

Logan chuckles in response, slightly smiling too. 

"But he's still quite a kid. There's no shame in having someone like him in the family." 

"It's always the same. That he's my brother, and I'm her sister despite not being related by blood. They keep insisting. I'm not sure why they do." Terry walks to a nearby bench outside the line of sandbags, where she grabs a towel and wipes the sweat around her body, starting from the face, to the arms, and finally her chest. The wetness makes the abs and biceps slightly more visible for others to see. Her admiral's cap is placed near a bag where the towel was, placed further away so it doesn't get tainted in any way.