Chapter 140 - For the Answer

Roughly around the same time. Evolved Zone of Los Angeles. 

The sun's rays continue to illuminate most of the city as it sets, the brightness is reflected through the glass and mirrors of most buildings and some of the metal plates from the aerial patrols up in the sky.  It's usually the sight of a place that is ready to expect a brand new day to see if there can be new things to think about. One full of many expectations of potential new progress of what may come later on. 

Yet with the progress under the reins of the Zlocu, it means little in doing anything else other than what they desire the most. 

Up on the rooftop of the LA tower, near the landing pad, two figures are sitting around it while they gaze upon the landscape of the occupied city. They are two Zlocans, one with familiar red hair and another with blue hair, all of them with white robes yet still as young as the growing flowers of the early spring. One with a slight smile on his face and another with a firm yet solemn expression that may express many words even if they're not vocalized. 

Rio and Mora have seen better days on this planet, more than they have to. 

Even though both haven't seen the most intense combat for days, it still feels like an eternity for them. No matter how small the number of troops they faced or the type of weapons they encountered, being stuck in this assigned city over a potential risk can feel like one chore to withstand for many days without anything to look for in sight. For some, it can look like a relief that they're sticking out of danger and concentrating on better things for themselves. 

But for others, it seems like a meandering waste over the lack of something new to see. An answer may not be given at this stage. 

Rio then glances at his sister, still with the slight smile yet with his wrinkled brow that draws together, it tells a different story of what he wants to tell to her, one that, for as many words he would like to vocalize, it may still not be enough to represent the sum of it. Especially with the absence of Kedris at the moment, whose words may be sorely needed for beings like those two. 

How do I put this, sis? I don't want to bore you or anything but... 

"So, sis," Rio says as he clears his throat for a bit. "Have you thought of doing anything else once we're done here?" 

"Take a break, I guess," Mora replies, her gaze still set on the urban landscape in front of her. Rio sighs due to it. 

"C'mon, you know there's something else to think about more than just a break, right?" Rio leans near her shoulder as he keeps asking. Almost like there's something to crack within that firm exterior of hers, as much as she likes to hide it. 

"Maybe a trip to a beach, or a trip to the mountains, anything that can catch your attention." 

"Really? You mean even going to Copacabana or Mount Everest together?" 

"Depends if the high command wishes so." Rio chuckles for a bit while he leans away from her. He then taps her shoulder for a bit. 

"Well, there's the possibility to sneak away from them, and then just take it as we please in any way. Don't you think it'll be that funny too?" 

"Funny yet with a hell to pay when they find out." Rio grunts for a bit then raises his head up as he grins once more. 

"Oh don't worry, I'm sure they'll find a way around to get their humor going. Just like that British comedian from the 60s, and that film with a pink-colored mammal that... somehow doesn't appear?" 

"It's meant for an object that carries the same name, Rio." 

"Right, right, but that's beside the point. Also, you gotta let yourself go as they say because... honestly, aren't you a bit serious nowadays?" With that, Mora stands up for a bit, still focusing on the landscape yet she glances at Rio for a bit who stands up as well while he keeps a straight posture.