Chapter 118 - Hard Talk

1 hour later. 

W-what? What is this...? Did I just... Got lucky once more...? Well, I'll be damned... 

As Eddie's eyes flutter open with each blink, the foggy vision turns clearer as the eyes get wider even more, as the first sight he can see is that of a familiar fabric, with lines on the wall spread out in a decorative pattern with a dark green color, as well as some soft cushions laying around the floor. The sunlight outside casts some peculiar shadows around the tent, further heightening Eddie's conscience. Glancing down,  his shoulders lack the black jacket he usually wears, only leaving some bandages around the shoulder, the heel and the knee. 

But just as he gets up from the cushion he rests on, a particular figure suddenly hugs him while shaking a bit and gasping, while another figure observes from behind with the hands pressing the stomach around them while some laughter is heard. 

With the vision cleared out, the sight of a teary Tany and a smiling Malak come to view, as he remains frozen with widened eyes over this. 

Impacts from bullets of very high caliber, and still not enough to surpass the certain quirks of a fellow youngster who got to him in time. 

"Eddito... You're safe, I knew you'd be safely safe!" Tany says while clearing her throat and swiping some of the tears from her eyes. 

"Whuzah... You used that spell again, didn't ya? Why are ya still so surprised, gal?" Eddie says while glancing around the tent as he spots the smiles of Logan and Amira, as well as a frowning Rian with the arms crossed. 

"She had to heal you right here, the outskirts are still too dangerous to head alone for so long," Malak adds as she slightly leans toward Eddie and Tany. From that alone,  Eddie shrugs for a bit while chuckling and patting Tany on the head. 

"Well, that's a hell lot of trying to play it safe, but I guess you carried so damn well this time." After that, Eddie goes to check on the shoulder where it got struck by the rifle, and with one slight swing, Ed groans a bit as he places his hand on the shoulder, and Malak approaches him and holds his other hand. 

"Careful, Ed. Even if the bullets and wounds are gone, the nervous system still feels the effects of them, so it's to get a rest for a bit," Malak says while holding Ed's hand. 

"Oh, so my damn body is still willing to mess with me, huh? This ain't Tany's fault, at least!" 

"Well... It's how I got them, I would ask the Guardianly Guardians when I get the chance..." Tany says while glancing away and slightly laughing for a bit while the rest observe with some stares over this. Nonetheless, Eddie merely chuckles in response as she ruffles a bit of Tany's hair in response. 

"It's alrighty, Tany. It's perfect enough for an old man like me," Ed says while winking at her, to which she answers with a wide smile and hugs him once more, tilting him from left to right for a while as the rest observe with Malak tapping Tany's back for a bit. 

Such moments are ones that can be cherished by many, especially when it comes to places like the Evolving Zones. 

But before Ed can stand up, Malak slightly taps him on the chest to keep him still and still sit, where she also frowns while still holding his hand as tight as she can try. 

"Now Ed... What did you do before that happened? Did you find what you were looking for?" This question makes Ed sigh a bit and glance away for a bit, something that makes Tany tilt her head to check on Ed's side. 

"Well, in the worst way possible, yep," Ed replies. 

"Let me guessy guess, it is about that Barb lady you talked about before?" Tany asks while poking his left cheek.