Chapter 112.2 - Tainted Love

Some things are never meant to be, regardless of one's feelings over the matter. One mere mistake can taint all of it and perhaps even never recover from it, no matter how much the rest could try to move on from it.

All of it was shown as Tany descended back to the hall room, fists clenched, her reddened eyes filled up with one grimace to boot alongside a splotchy skin that felt her tears when they fell down, even downright throwing down some of the vases and tables around her without any case left, all she walked straight to the entrance. It was one thing to expect that there could be something that kept Diego busy and away from Tany for so long, but this affair was the least she could expect in a moment like this.

But as she was about to reach the doorknob, rapid and loud footsteps were heard as well as some panting as well, being that of Diego rushing through the stairs while wearing nothing but his dark blue boxers, as well his chiseled shoulders flexing up as he kept running toward Tany, with eyes wide enough to show the whites and such.

"Hey, hey, hey, Tany! It's just a-"

"A misunderstanding? Oh, you mean that you were only studying something together or what!?" Tany replied with a coarse tone, interrupting what Diego tried to say. Diego merely grunted in response.

"It's not that, it's just that I sometimes feel the need to stimulate myself. It can't be helped when I'm one handsome boy," Diego replied while grabbing Tany's shoulders, to which she tried shaking off as she sobbed for a bit.

"And how about any of our moments together?! Were they all shitty lies to excuse you for your 'stimulation' or something?! Do I even mean anything to you!?"

"Well, yes, you do! But like I said, men of higher reach and status like me don't need to be stuck in one mere activity, we need to be active in our ways."

"If it was for a job, then sure, but an affair... It's something I can't tolerate, not like this!" Tany still tried to head outside as Diego's grip on her arm got tighter, wincing a lot as he kept his gaze on her the longer she tried to break away from him. Despite this, Tany hasn't tried to do any drastic as kicking or even biting him in any blind spot she could find.

"Most people overreact to affairs, y'know. I mean, isn't the point of love that there shouldn't be many borders around it? I still loved you even though I got it on with Laurie and Katie. Please, you have to believe me!"

This only made Tany to further reach for his arm as she tried to use all of her strength to swat it away from him, only for Diego to hug Tany in a swift move, enough that it paralyzed Tany, as she sobbed even more and tears fell down once more, all while Diego took deep breaths as he held Tany, even caressing her hair for a bit.

"I... I was worried for you... I just couldn't tolerate the silence any longer..." Tany said amidst her sobs, all while Diego carried to a nearby seat while picking a pack of tissue papers as he swept the tears away in any way he could, all while shushing her in the most tender tone he could muster.

"I told you, it couldn't be helped with a guy like me. I can't have everything done at once, you know? I couldn't leave these two hanging dry, either," Diego said as he took a seat with the still weeping Tany next to him. It looked like there would be something resolved here and now, with every maneuver Diego took in calming her down.

"Yes, you're special... But shouldn't our hearts be that special too compared to the rest...?" Tany said in a near whispery tone as she held Diego's hand. It all seemed so good to be true, something unlike Tany has ever witnessed before, but still needed way more to know if what she's hearing from Diego is true after all.

"I do think it is that special. But I'm still a Human being capable of making mistakes, Tany... You know that well."

"But still... How do I explain this to my parents and friends? About what I found out about you today?" Tany asked as she slightly tilted her head to face Diego, who then frowned.