Chapter 69 - Welcome to the Real World

October 1st, 2026. 14:04 

Noon like no other, one that with a crystal clear sky revealing the everlasting and lush royal blue sky. Even with the onset of the autumn season, it's still a surprising sight for many to see, even among the most trained warriors on Earth. And even though the sounds of clanking metals are heard as well as the rolling machinery being delivered in every corner of the base, the nature above it serves as the neat contrast of everything Humanity could ever think of. Hopefully, one that can last for an eternity too. 

But even so, even with the everlasting royal blue, there are still sentiments of suspicion and unease over the coming days. What is the next step to take to win the battle? Undercover? In the open? So many questions from everyone in the base, yet so little time to answer them all in just one day. 

Near a personalized courtyard near the entrance of the main base, partly arid and partly vegetated by even the smallest of bushes as they surround the tracks leading to the entrance. Next to it is a dry and rusty basketball court, where the few men and women would try to play as a method of relaxation, and yet at this time, it's barren, devoid of any type of life. Maybe there's little interest in some R&R. But even so, a lone figure stands near one of the fences of the entrance. 

A particular Humanoid being in grey. Amira Dhorian that is. Glancing at the desert landscape in front of her with a frown. In such times when the next map is being drawn, many questions fill up her mind every second. Even if there's nothing in particular with the barren land in front of her, it's enough for her to hum by herself while rubbing her chin. 

How much time is needed before saving the rest behind the shield? All those Humans yearning for their loved ones... Hope they don't wait anymore... Her feelings are ones of pure thought for those still trapped in the zone. She hopes dearly hour by hour for the solution to be found soon, even for the ones unknown to her. Such things were the purest form of duty for the Soranian Royalty, to ensure the purest form of compassion to succeed. 

And yet, the answer seems a bit distant the more she thinks of it. Especially with the lack of more Soranians around her, even with beloved ones like Logan. Just one day, they will find the answer they need to end it. 

Then, muttering is heard near the tracks, enough for her to glance at it. It seems to be the sight of five mildly dressed conscript refugees, chatting about whatever they have in mind. Leading them is Mr. Adi, looking fine and orderly in spite of the incident with the two soldiers back then. All of them with some slight smiles on their faces. Even with such adversity, it seems that the comfort of the company is enough to keep their spirits up in the meantime. Whether it's enough or not depends on the case, but so far, they haven't vanished yet. 

"Good afternoon, fellow people," Amira says while keeping her glance at them. Mr. Adi stops for a second with the rest following suit. Nonetheless, he keeps his smile. 

"Ah, it's you, the former princess. What brings you here?" 

"Is everything alright with you?" Amira asks as she raises her left eyebrow while tilting her head to the left. Even with all the time she gathered, there's still a bit more for her to know more about Human beings than she can know, perhaps some more knowledge of their customs and such? Most still flashed their smiles at her, in spite of meeting for the first time. 

"As fine as we can be, but we can still make it." The rest reply with nodding or some approving chuckles, likely due to the language barrier.  Nonetheless, all are in support of Adi, enough to make Amira nod in response. 

"That is good to hear. Another question, do you still miss your homes? From this region you call Southeast Asia, right?" Amira asks again. While some respond with quick nodding, Adi only does so with a sigh as he glances down, with the others catching on to it.