Chapter 37

"Raven?"

               "I'll...I'll be right back." I turn to look at my friend before standing to slide out of the low black leather booth, timidly crossing through the crowd while avoiding anyone bothering to take note that I'm not even old enough to be here.

               Becca told me this place wouldn't care either way, so as my heels hit the somewhat rough and uneven surface of the dark gray concrete floor, I forget about my age and the people around me when I timidly stand in front of Mrs. Riggs, sliding another drink down her throat in front of my very eyes.

               Her hair is completely pulled back into a low bun at the base of her neck, exposing all of her face while she laughs and adjusts herself, tugging at her knee long basic black dress with thick straps and a large V-Neck holding no decoration on the loose figure hugging outfit.

               Her tan legs are perfectly waxed and shimmered with whatever type of lotion she applied, only to have her feet dubbed perfect with her red nails showing through her open toe black heels.

               I can't help but be surprised to see her wedding ring still on her finger, my curiosity of why she still holds her husband close if he's quite frankly, a disgusting man and abuses Chandler just because he's a talented son, rising and forming into an anger of her neglect concerning him.

               Doesn't she see what's going on?

               Is that why she drinks her youth away? The time she could spend with her family, or just Chandler, she doesn't even bother? I used to think it was wrong that Chan was so hateful towards her, I mean, it was a new thing to hear, but now, wrong as it is, and even though I want to see how sad it is for her, I can only think of how she's to blame for how he treats her.

               However, unlike William, Gina I think can change.

               She's an alcoholic, but at least it's something out of despair instead of whatever else it could be.

               I know Chandler wasn't always mean to this woman, and I'm guessing he wasn't the reason she started drinking...it was probably her husband...so for her sake, and her sons...and...I guess partly mine, I take a step forward to interrupt her at the bar, her friends seeing me first, a man in particular laughing and taking a double look my way before lifting his thick brows.

               "May we help you young lady?" The somewhat attractive, most likely mid-thirties man with no jacket but just a dressy lavender colored shirt and a silver tie along with it staring back asks when Gina turns to see me, her mind, even if soaked with booze, recognizes my familiar face.

               The shame is almost heart breaking it's so easy to see, and I'm almost just as shocked when she turns to look away from me.

               Her face is buried in her hands before I can think of what to say to the man she knows.

               Is this Cameron? Is this, the man she's having an affair with?

               Why does she still have her ring then?

               "Did you want a drink? How old are you, love?" His face of interest and speculation make me hurry up with my words.

               "No. I wanted to talk with...Mi-Gina?" I take a step closer and see the man whom I assume to be Cameron look away.

               I don't know why I didn't advertise for the sake of her marriage that she's a Mrs. instead of changing it to her first name...but I did, and I turn to see Becca staring at me while I continue to try and get Chandler's mom out of this situation.