Chapter 21

"Are you fvcking serious?!"

               "Quiet! Explain to me what the heIl you're doing in Raven's apartment!"

               "I don't have to explain jack sh1t to you! Fvcking Geisha. You should be on your knees apologizing for laying a hand on me back at my school!"

               "You watch your mouth. I can still bend you over!"

               "Just try it!"

               "Please...be quiet." I groan as the chilly morning attacks the second I shift under my blankets.

               What in the world is happening?

               I feel myself stretch and shiver at how cold it is before I look at the blue morning peeking in past my blinds, and I slowly realize I'm alone when I'm absolutely positive Chandler was with me, holding me close and keeping me warm.

               Oh my head. I'm such an idiot. I feel like I have to remember everything all over again but I remember last night pretty well surprisingly. Oh gosh...but that means, I really did get drunk and I pretty much forced myself on Chandler...in a sense.

               I wonder if I'll even be able to face him.

               I start to massage my throbbing head, the aftereffects of my late night miniature rave pounding against my skull and notice I'm still in Chandler's school shirt.

               My mouth tastes funny too. I never did brush my teeth did I?

               "I'm telling you for the last time, get out of this apartment!" Joan's voice raises and I wince when Chandler's deeper tone strikes back as I pull on my pajama pants and a light pink tank top. I feel like my head might explode but that doesn't stop me from thinking somewhat clearly.

               If Joan is here and apparently yelling at Chandler, which is a mess, I don't want her seeing me in his shirt above everything else. She's my friend but I don't know how far I should push her to stay my keeper of secrets.

               Besides that, I'm about to pass out at how loud they are.

               I push open the door and lazily make it to the bright living room where I see Chandler in a head lock as Joan holds him down on the floor, pulling at one of his legs so it looks like he's in some sort of complex stretching position.

               Oh my gosh.

               "You forced me to do this." Joan looks at Chandler's face pushed up against the wooden surface with a scowl as his expression and his hair pushed away from his forehead. He's wearing the jeans and shirt that he let me borrow from a few days ago too. But this scene is just so...comedic and pathetic that it's something I almost wish I could laugh at, and I would if I weren't so dazed.

               "If you, ah, if you fvcking want me to say Uncle, forget it! I'll only say Aunt." Chandler grunts and I see Joan roll her eyes before she notices me.

               "Raven!" She yells and I watch Chandler's face turn red at the thought of me seeing him defeated and on the ground under my bodyguard. "He was stalking you, but don't worry. I took care of him. You and I are going to have a lot of fun with that boiling water I mentioned." She glares.

               "Rae!" He groans.

               "Don't talk!" Joan pushes his head down some more.