Chapter 6

"Hey!" A chillaxed voice yells out as I hear the rumble of a truck beside us. A short honk sounds next and I turn to see a guy, young, sitting on the driver's side with a smirk on his lips as he examines both Chandler and Joan beside each other.

               "You get in trouble man?" I see his glossy blue eyes focus on all of us before they stop on me, a cigarette lifting to his lips as he keeps his gaze steady.

               I don't normally have people stare at me, except for Chandler but that was when we were dating...I've been noticing the attention I've been getting and it's slightly unnerving since I've never had this issue before.

               I'll admit this guy is attractive...tan and mature, but the way he's staring at me is making me uncomfortable. How does he know Chandler? Are they friends or something? Must be. Chandler has a ton of people he knows on many different levels.

               "Let me go." Chandler pulls away from Joan without giving her another look as he glances towards me. "You come here to get me?"

               "Your dad wanted you." I see the strangers face look forward before he turns to look at me again. "He get on your nerves?" His voice directed towards me and I felt like I pulled the car door open again just to hide behind it.

               This guy, he has to be in his 20's at least, and I feel very intimidated by him. I've never felt this way before and I'm not sure if it's a bad or ordinary thing yet.

               "Just shut up and get me the heIl away from that crazy b1tch." Chandler glared before throwing his bag in the back seat and slamming the passenger door shut without looking at any of us again.

               "Just keep him in check." Joan yelled over the engine before hopping into our rented vehicle. I saw Chandler's driver nod and give me a small wink as he puffed out some smoke that streamed out into a long strip. I...hate to think this way, but he does know I'm 16 I hope.

               I shrug off his flirtatious gesture as he drives away, wondering if he was just being nice or being suggestive to a few things...What am I even talking about?

               "Who was that?" Joan looked back at me through the rearview mirror before pulling away from the curb, and I couldn't think of any other way to respond than to shrug and look out the window, thinking about that guy from just now.

               Odd as it was, his attention being on me, it won't happen again. I won't be seeing Chandler any time...oh wait...no. I will. Tonight I'll see him. We have to restore the party room that I didn't even know existed. Golly, its times like this I wish I didn't give up writing. It always used to de-stress me, and after the day I had I'd say I'm in need of relaxing.

               But for some reason, I just don't think I can bring myself to write or even log in to my account that I pretend doesn't exist since several months ago. I just can't face it. I can't face a lot of things. I guess that's one reason why seeing Chandler was such a shock today.

               I literally ran away.

               But...he literally chased me.

               I rest my head on the cold window as the sky grays overhead and sickly sprinkles of water start to catch on the outside glass before I sigh, trying to sort out my head from all the screwed up stuff it's endured so far. A shadow of fog forms as I release another sigh before Joan decides to engage me in furnishing conversation.