Chapter 18

I pretty much ran up the fvcking stairs so I could get to my phone, unlocking the front door only to see Dave, mom, and her husband standing in the living room, talking, about me no less, and I already know I should be expecting some bullsh1t discussion with these three as$holes.

               Great.

               Here I thought I could get to my room to text Rae good night, and I'm delayed already.

               "Chandler, come here." My dad smiles a bit, which is fvcking creepy, and I roll my eyes when I shut the door, hating the inevitable. Maybe if I play the attentive b1tch, I'll get out of here faster.

               "Yeah?"

               "Where have you been? You were supposed to finish up after we spoke and go with Dave again. I heard about your little visit with the police too. What exactly was that about?" My dad smiles a bit and I'm already feeling a bit sour in my gut at how close he is to finding out about Rae.

               "I couldn't be fvcked to go with Dave. And I had to go to the school to paint they're sh1tty party room." And have sex with a fvcking goddess that I'd like to text goodnight to right about now.

               "And...going to jail? Getting arrested?" My mom lifts her slightly tanned face to show me her glazed eyes as she timidly sits on our fvcking expensive sofa. Is there any back bone in this fvcking woman? I hate it when she looks at me like she's sad she ever came here.

               Every time she looks at me with the eyes I can't stand, it's fvcked up because I remember that stupid time I took care of her the first year we moved here. Tch. I was such a fvcking kid. So hopeful and happy and pathetic.

               I was like her. I was like mom. The whipped dog that would cower whenever master came home, and I felt gross. I guess I just had to change. It was inevitable.

               "Some junked up idiot thought I was doing something wrong so they called the fvcking cops. Big deal. I didn't do anything."

               "Because if you bring any attention on yourself, other than the media concerning your acting, if you let them see what we're really built upon, you'll regret it." My dad walks past me and I don't bother to bite my lip.

               One smirk from Dave and I turn around to watch my suck as$ dad pour some scotch into a short stubby glass.

               "It's not like I'll lose anything. You'll be the one fvcked." Everything he's built upon will tumble.

               "Ha." I see my mom cover her eyes as my dad smirks some more, his teeth showing and I watch his fat, rough hand raise the rim to his thin lips, a large swallow downing all the alcohol and I just scowl at him. "The other night, I came home and, saw someone in your room. A girl."

               What?

               "If I do some investigating into this...will I find a connection with her and the reason you got arrested? Come to think of it...who bailed you out? I know it wasn't Dave...he was working. Son..." I see my dad turn to face me and I'm praying like crazy that my expression isn't a dead giveaway that I'm freaking the fvck out. "Are you sure you have nothing to lose?"

               What am I supposed to say?! Fvck!

               "I don't know what's going on. But if I have to find out...I will." My dad stops in front of me, only to glance at Dave, speaking to him, telling him to do something about me and Rae. I know it. I know something's gonna happen. Dave is dad's fvcking right hand. "Does she know?" I hear his voice interrupt my panic. "Because if she knows about us...it can only end badly. Not for you. Not for me. Not for anyone, but her. Chandler...if that little b1tch knows about us-"