Chapter 31

This one is short, sorry, but I'm gonna see if I can update again soon.

______________ 

             "Raven Brooks?" His tired adult voice leaks out of his throat and I watch as he reaches into his pocket for a moment, only to pull out a type of candy that I imagine momentarily to be some sort of drug, and struggle to keep my eyes on his, but it's difficult.

               Very difficult.

               At this point, looking at him, I'm not sure whether Chandler got his eyes from his mom, or his dad. Right now it looks like his dad except for the fact William's eyes are cruel and cold without any care swirling in its color.

               "You are Miss Brooks correct? You're engaged to my son?"

               "Ah-"

               Of course that's what he's here for...his son. I'm so scared right now though because of what Chandler's told me about him that my voice won't even come out right.

               "May I come in?" He raises his eyebrows only slightly, but his eyes are still half closed sending chills up my body and all I can do is nod.

               He doesn't waste a second either. His steps are so far apart that by the time I comprehend what's actually happening, he's behind my couch, looking over my welcoming and cozy furniture and rug and whatnot, his face plastered with disgust to my taste and his shoulders fall after he sighs.

               "You're a very common girl." He smirks. "Are you going to say anything? Shut your door? Lock it?" He advises.

               Lock it?

               "Did you...Uh...Did you want something to eat or...drink?" I keep my eyes on him.

               "In this little sh1thole? I think I'll leave the scraps of leftovers in your second hand fridge to you." He sighs and sits down on my sofa.

               I don't want to admit it, but Chandler sounds like he got his merciless and arrogant attitude from his dad. At least when we first met that's how he talked to me. Now he's just bratty.

               "Ok." I chew my cheek. "Yes sir."

               "I do want something though." I notice him kick one of my comfy pillows on the ground away from his expensive, shiny black dressy shoe and turn his wrist to mess with his sleeve. "Raven Brooks. Haha...So, you're the little tramp, that's bewitched my son." He scoffs. "Come here already!"

               One side glance from him and I hurry to shut the door, but after that, it's just fear that compels me to walk over to my sitting area.

               Moment I'm in front of him, or rather, near him, I see his eyes on me, judging me in every way possible and scanning my appearance from head to toe.

               Oh gosh, my hearts beating so fast. Normally at times like these, I'd use the same tactic to calm myself down when I used to visit Mr. Vike and his boardroom of random suits, but right now, it...I can't think of anything except what Chandler's told me about this man. What I know about him.

               For a split second, I found myself wishing Chandler would somehow come and find us like this, maybe say something or do something to help me, but now, I don't want him anywhere near here. It wouldn't be safe for him or me. And I doubt it'd be a good idea for Chan to yell at his dad.