Chapter 29

"FVCK!!" Chandler's loud voice pretty much vibrates off the hallway and I stop to turn and see William Riggs coming up the stairs with his eyes on his son.

               "What's the matter with you?"

               He hasn't seen me yet?

               "Oh fvck! Dad...it's bad. Fvck, my-my stomach!" Chandler slowly makes a face of pure pain and I see him slide down against the railing delaying his father so I can hurry and run forward into the guest room while my brilliant actor boyfriend lets out an odd wail only a dying woman would make. "Fvck I've been poisoned! Fvcking steak...gah..." He yells out and I hear his dad complain while I fall to my knees and catch my breath.

               What is wrong with this house? Does something weird always have to happen here? I mean, when it isn't weird, it's...intimate, and I'm almost always doing something I never thought I would do in this place and-"Cameron..." My thoughts immediately halt when I hear a voice gasp out.

               It doesn't take much to know I'm not alone in this dark room.

               Gosh...What now?

               Just a simple turn of the head and I feel my heart sink when I see Mrs. Riggs sprawled out on the guest bed in front of me, fully clothed as if she's just been out except for the fact her hair is an absolute mess and I can only see half her face.

               Her lips are poorly colored due to a trembled hand from the alcohol she's consumed, and her cheeks are stained with lines of mascara from her obvious session of tears tonight.

               Even in a blur, she still feels the pain she tries to dull when she stupefies her senses.

               She's, passed out, but she just said a name.

               Cameron.

               Is that someone she knows? A friend? A relative? ...A man?

               It could be anyone and it honestly doesn't matter since she's so inebriated she's probably dreaming and talking in her sleep about nothing. She looks so uncomfortable too.

               "Stay there then." Williams's voice makes me jump at how close and harsh it is and I hear a door click open which is obviously Chan's. Oh gosh. How close was I that I was almost caught? Too close. That's for sure...

               Before I make a move to stand off this soft carpet, I look up to see the door is still unlocked and sigh at the risk of someone hearing me change that. I should just leave it. If Chandler comes in though without telling me I'll probably wait to have a heart attack and throw some pillows at him first.

               "Mmm..." Mrs. Riggs groans.

               I hope she doesn't wake up. If she does it'll be a little hard to explain what's going on...then again, I doubt she'll wake up now. I think the only thing she'll be doing is waiting for Chandler to come and take care of her the way I spent months imagining he would.

               The thought alone of Chandler cleaning up on his hands and feet, forcing the tears to go away while he bites his cheek to keep calm brings me to my knees and I use the end of the bed set to pull myself off the ground and walk over to his moms legs that are hanging over the floor.

               The only thing I notice at first is how expensive her clothes look. Her boots must've cost a fortune in pounds and I'm guessing it'd be a good idea to take them off so she can sleep whatever it is she downed tonight off, so I unzip the leather type material and tug at the heels till her toes are exposed.