Part 212

A/N: Hello my gorgeous readers! Wattpad is being a bit of an annoying parent at the moment and is giving me problems with my chapters! SO I will have Brave Book 2 for future postings! I hope you all will be adding it to your libraries and continuing this journey with me! If you have yet to add me on twitter for updates and interactions with me add away! @Artist_Writer_

Author'sPOV

One word to describe this dinner party - complete and utter chaos. Two different worlds coming together; this extravagantly decorated and outstretched dinner table had all assortments of food being laid out. Julie was sat in the middle of it all, both her parents sitting either side of her - she was biting her tongue the entire time.

The snide remarks coming from Kimberley's Mum were making her insides boil - like a volcano ready to erupt. Kimberley had a way to stay calm, and ignore the words coming from Diane. Paying attention to her daughter and wife - she'd excuse herself when she couldn't take it anymore, using baby Bella as defense.

"Give us your plate and I'll put you what you want" Cheryl says, she takes Julies plate - waiting for her instructions

"She's old enough to put her own food
Cheryl" Diane says, Diane had that old school mentality - she didn't like when parents babied their teenagers and she sure as hell didn't like it when teenagers acted like they were nine. Julie was a teenager with actions of a ten year old - who wanted her parents to baby her constantly - Diane hated it. She wanted Julie to grow up. Cheryl was trying to stay quiet - for her Kimberley's sake. Well that's what she kept telling herself.

"Come on baby, what do you want?" Cheryl asks, ignoring Diane completely - she wanted to baby her little girl forever. If anyone had a problem with that, then they could whistle in the wind - in someway Cheryl wanted to wind up Diane, babying Julie just a little more.

"A little bit of everything" Julie whispers, laying her head against her Mum's shoulder - she watched her Mam neatly plate her food. She also paid close attention to Diane, watching her as she rolled her eyes - she was just waiting for her Mam to blow up on her. She knew she wouldn't, but she wished she would.

Cheryl takes it upon herself to feed her daughter every so often. Julie let's her, because even though she was still very upset with her Mam's earlier actions - she loves it when her Mam was like this.

The room was filled with chatter, children giggling and laughing - it was a perfect family affair. Of course, nothing could be perfect with Diane still narrowing her eyes at Julie - Diane was still not very accepting with the relationship her daughter had chose to pursue.

She'd been trying her best to accept it, the fake laughs - the smiles. But it could only last for so long before the glass shatters and the truth is revealed. Kimberley can feel the tension in the air, she chooses to ignore it - she wants more than anything to let her daughter have the best Christmas; her first Christmas.

She wraps her arm around her daughters shoulder - needing her close to her. She felt the sense of need to protect her - protect her from the stares and judgment coming from her Mum. She knew Julie wasn't hers biologically - but that didn't mean she didn't belong to her.

"Try the turkey with the cranberry sauce" She tells Julie, she wanted to distract her - her Mum staring intensely at the scene. For a slight second or two Kimberley believed her Mum accepted their relationship - she was wrong.

**

Julie's POV

It wasn't that I didn't like Nana Diane; I just knew she didn't really care much for me - or Mam. Her stare was making me very uncomfortable and I needed to leave this dinner table - but Mum's tight hold made it problematic.

"Where you going?" Mum asks as-soon-as I try and get out of her hold - well isn't it obvious? I want to get the fck out of here.
"I'm full" I lie, she shakes her head - forcing me to sit back down and finish my plate

"I don't want problems, just eat" She whispers in my ear, I sit sulking in my seat - picking away at my food. This is the worst Christmas yet - I don't ever remember a time being so self-conscious than right now. I felt as if I was being judged - by someone who I was meant to be calling 'family'

"Mam.. Mam" I whisper, giving her a little nudge under the table in hopes to get her notice - she was engrossed in a conversation with Uncle Adam totally oblivious to what was happening around her

"Hmm?" She hums, finally giving me her attention

"Can I.. Can I go eat my meal in the kitchen?" I ask, my eyes pleading for her to let me go - I couldn't sit here any longer and Mum was holding onto me for dear life; holding me as her hostage

"Why?" She's worried, her body turned completely to me - her ears listening to every single word being released from my mouth

"I just-"

"You don't have to ask your Mum to leave the table! You're 18 years old Julie" Nana Diane says, I felt Mum release me from her - the words that soon leave Mum's lips leave me in total shock

"Mum! Will you just Fck off and leave her alone!! And just so you know, even tho I know you can't give two fcks about her! She's fcking sixteen!! Excuse me!" She snaps, pushing her chair back - letting it fall with a bang onto the hardwood floor. She storms out of the scene she had just created. It was silent - the awkward coughs being released to fill the tensed air.

"Who wants more wine?" Uncle Garry asks cheerfully, once the attention was off me I run out of the room with Mam following me; finding Mum in the kitchen - downing a glass of wine

"I want them all to get the fck out of this house!" Mum hisses to Mam - I stood off to the side not wanting to cause anymore trouble. It was my fault for even talking on the dinner table - I should have just kept my mouth shut. Stupid girl.

"Baby.. What happened to no problems? It's only until Christmas, they'll be gone in two days" Mam was trying to calm her down, she was completely red in the face - fuming with anger; nostrils flared out. She sighs heavily falling into Mam's arms - holding out her hand for me to join their cuddle. I walk over to them without any hesitations - letting our little family cuddle out our anger

"I just set a very bad example.. Haven't I? If I ever hear you telling me to 'fck off' I will have you thrown out of this house" Mum tells me, and I finally laugh - for the first time today I'm laughing. We are all holding each other and laughing at the situation our family was constantly being put in - always drama for the Tweedy-Walsh's

This is the final chapter for this book x