The time loop that struggles

Tee Gar was looking on toward the assembling crowd of medical personnel. Time was going slower for him. It did not happen often but it only happened to him in the moments of disaster. Unable to rescue the boy from Zalon was one of them. The words coming from Brookes were simply static to the cadet. Seeing his mentor, friend, and superior officer appearing to be alive and well made the whole situation feel surreal. The new blue team was scattered all over the academy perhaps even so the gymnasium. The thought of being Adrian and he being the only survivors, again, made every fiber in his body scream in protest.

Tee Gar's stomach still felt sick from flying in the air then having a hard crash on a pile of figures then remaining in place on a pile of trembling bodies. He wanted to hurl into the nearest trash can. He wanted to puke out everything and fall to his feet to gain his bearings. It was only when Gampu's voice came on did he roll right off to the floor that began to groan and scream in horror/pain/terror. The older man's voice was loud and clear that it stood out against the horror to keep attention on him. Nothing about this could be real. Nothing about it should be real. The Space Academy was a safe place for anyone. A sane, reasonable place where the dead didn't pop up years after being given a proper space burial.

The words coming from Brookes were simply static to the cadet.

"Doctor Smith, please go to the injured line," Brookes insisted.

"Commander, you need all hands on this," Smith insisted, standing in her line of view. Brookes stood on a chair with her hands on her hips and her eyes were on the man. "You cannot afford to leave a deaf doctor out!"

"Your ear drums are broken!" Brookes reminded Smith.

"Just because it is broken doesn't mean it's lost its use despite how faulty it is and especially when you are low on replacements," came the calm and well composed reasonable voice. "I am quite aware my ear drums are destroyed but not my hands."

Tee Gar made his way toward the beginning of the crowd.

"He is right, you know," Tee Gar said. "You need all the doctors willing to help."

Brookes rubbed both her temples while lowering her head.

"Fine," Brookes said. "But Doctor Smith is under your supervision and must be on your watch at all times before he gets treated."

"Preferable," Smith said.

"Professor Allen, you will perform a medical sweep of the academy with every medical professional assembled," Brookes instructed. "Professor T'Hej will lead the repair effort, we will need volunteers to create a Emergency Command Control----Professor Allen, please lead med crew one before I change my mind--yes, yes, with Doctor Smith," she gestured toward the older man. "Hop to it!"

"Oraco!" Allen replied, then went on toward the doorway with cadets and civilians tagging behind him. "Tee Gar, bring the Commander up!"

///////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

The light changed from black to red continuing throughout the starship. The red hue glowed on and off. Maureen's grip on John's hand grew tighter looking about the scenery standing close to him. The corridors stood out to the family. The wall paneling from ahead collapsed before the Robinsons making them jump back. Pieces of rock fell to the floor landing on the junk. The lights were coming from the glass paneling near to the cieling. There was parts of the wall missing and laser burns embedded in the damaged areas. They resumed their path through the corridor.

They came to a stop once finding a bundle of corpses holding on to each other with their eyes closed and stiff, their faces reeking of terror, their skin being blue and covered in cracks. One of the corpses were halfway out of the hole and another was holding on to the hand looking out. They had to be at the age of fifteen at most. They found another corpse embedded in the wall pipes into their chest and their head hung low. Blood had decorated their white and blue uniform. When the Robinsons looked ahead, they could find similar scenes underneath the red hue. A door struggling to close in on a cold hand repeatedly.