The uneasy twins

The Seeker gently landed across from Medusa's spaceship.

Chris reached his hand back from the console then placed his hand on to the barrier.

"If she refuses?" Laura asked.

"Then we have to detain her," Chris said.

"Or worse," Laura said.

"Neutralize her spaceship," Chris said.

"That's not a bad way of handling her," Laura said.

Chris shook his head sliding the barrier aside.

"Worse than that," Chris said. "Take her scepter and leaving her neutralized would be like leaving her . . ." It was a struggle to add on but he didn't like the idea. "in. . . . in. . . in . . . prison."

"We would have to take it to make sure that she wouldn't try to use it in the battle," Laura said. "Stealing is bad in on itself," she stood up from the chair joining Chris's side. "And cheating would be worse."

"To make it fair, we have to destroy that scepter," Chris said. "It has never been done before."

Laura paused, briefly, then nodded her head.

"Leave it to Tee Gar," Laura said. "Tee Gar is really good with destroying things not intentionally."

Chris raised his left brow lowering his head in a puzzled manner.

"You want me to tell him not to destroy it so he struggle not to break it?" Chris asked, hands on his hips. "And break it anyway?"

"Yes," Laura said. "Don't make a command and it will never pose a threat to anyone else again."

"Pros and con's," Chris said. "We get something good out of it and she gets worse."

Laura nodded in agreement.

"It's a lot to ask," Laura said.

"But is it right to ask of her that?" Chris asked.

The twins stood beside the door side by side sharing uneasy looks in the silence. It was Chris who walked out of the Seeker first with his sibling tagging from behind him. The light from the interior of the Seeker poured out displaying the golden dirt and the light gray pebbles that decorated the ground. Their boots crunched the small pebbles looking on toward the Queen type spaceship that stood out as intimidating and menacing. It was dark and intimidating with tall towers that had red windows. The large door to the castle had fallen down acting as a bridge over a ravine. They walked on the bridge side by side entering a elaborate room that acted as the entrance. The castle was coated in layers of purple and pink layered with golden decorations strewn about the room.

They were greeted by two Arcosian guards in black cloaks with purple stripes and had lizard qualities with horns on the top of their head, dark gray skin, and had two big eyes. The first Arcosian gestured toward the narrow corridor then walked on. The twins went in a line following the guards. There were plenty of passages that were curved and remained just as narrow as the initial corridor. The space cadets came into a purple room that had a golden throne seated by Medusa. The chair moved to the roll of her fingers toward the space cadets as she had the scepter in one hand. Laura and Chris stepped out of the corridor coming to each other's side with hands linked behind their backs.

"Cadets," Medusa said. "Welcome to my castle."

"You have a nice castle, your majesty," Laura said. "I am Laura Gentry and this is Chris Gentry."

"I am honored to be in your presence," Chris said.

"No," Medusa said. "I am who should be honored. You have survived a landing that should have destroyed the planet. Remarkable."