The third starfire arrives

According to the starfire's scanners, the space academy was approximately two hours and forty-three minutes away, the starfire had provide protection, shade, and acted as a boat traversing the hungry sea with a long tree branch acting as her paddle. If she still had the other half of the starfire in working order then it would promptly turn into submarine starfire. Samantha was fortunate that starfires were built to be lasting after being nipped in the bud unable to make any flight adjustments except communications and support life through reserve power. She had sprinted her way, quickly pedaled her way, and walked her way toward the southern hemisphere.

And according to her own gut, she had passed by a couple of spaceships that had their own territory over vast acres. There was a feeling in the air under the heat from the sun that something wrong could happen at any moment. She lowered the starfire then looked both ways holding her fist up in defensive position. She looked both ways observing what seemed to be a bus headed her way. She grew a confused look. A bus? A bus? There couldn't honestly be a civilization thriving on a desert scenery like this. Her mind wandered off to the stories of people living in the desert for thousands of years on different planets. The more she stared at the figure headed her way the more it became familiar and a normal transport to see.

Except, that would be normal to see for someone in the 1990's in space.

The same mold, the same model, and the same theme radiating off the Chariot.

The same railing on the top.

The same wheels.

The same windows.

The same satellite on the top.

It became increasingly obvious that the void was a time warp, the Robinsons had crashed landed here three hundred years ago before the planet was destroyed, and that she was on the doomed planet. It could happen at any moment. She picked up the starfire then stepped outside of the way of the approaching Chariot lowering the space craft down. The Chariot had a strange robot sitting in the back with a man that had a bald spot on the back of his head that stood out to her.

"Have you seen a boy with red hair?" John asked. "He is eleven years old."

Samantha shook her head.

"Sorry, sir," Samantha said. "I haven't."

"The academy is that way," John said, pointing toward his left. "Professor or a commander?"

"Officer," Samantha said. "Do you require help?"

"I like to have that help when I know where my son is," John replied.

Samantha smiled, nodding her head in return.

"I wish you the best of luck," Samantha said, then leaned over to see that in fact the Academy was to her left rather than straight ahead. "Well, I'll be damned, I was taking the long way."

John drove past Samantha.

"Why that poor man," Samantha said, resting against her starfire.

////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Adrian looked out the space monitor that displayed a hovering starfire headed their way manning the night shift.

The back end seemed to be damaged.

Then why was it hovering above the ground?

She pressed a button to the space monitor that zoomed on the starfire.

Adrian watched as a figure became apparent from below that seemed to be in a full body pink suit with long white boots that reached below her knees. Degardez was certainly going to be pleased that the left over metal was going to be used on repairing a Starfire. Chris had elaborated the plan in more detail in their makeshift headquarters full of chalkboards and conferring to Roark through Smith if it could theoretically work. The Vegan wars had their small rescue operations by both sides that was great in number. A still operational starfire was better than one recently built and not thoroughly tested for any problems.