The field tests

The cryotron was installed underneath the rescue seeker in two hours and thirty-three minutes. They had a ladder installed in the edge of the spacecraft set behind the door. There was a panel that was left open on the cryotron as the seeker tore came out of the emergency bay. The remote control was laid in Parsafoot's lap while Tee Gar was doing the piloting for the seeker in the dark under the twin crescent moons.

There were few clouds hanging in the air that blocked the view of the constellations. The rescue seeker soared out of the space academy going into the distance far from the Jupiter 2 and the space academy. The seeker came to a pause in mid-air. Professor Parsafoot pressed on the door button. The door curl up above the seeker. Parsafoot bounced a collected pebble in his hand then looked at it, oddly. He shook his head.

"Ready, Professor!" Tee Gar said.

Parsafoot tossed the slightly large pebble into the air.

"Pebble 1 falling," Parsafoot said, looking out.

The cryotron turned in the direction of the pebble, then with a flick of a switch a jet of ice surrounded by a aura of light flew out grabbing hold onto the object. The two men held their breath watching for the pebble. The emergency solar lights turned on giving a pool of light that displayed the ground below. The pebble landed to the ground. A sigh of relief was overheard from the seeker. Suddenly, and loudly, the pebble exploded. Parsafoot came over to the first chair and allowed Tee Gar to make his way to the door. He took out a glowing pink diamond from the bag then slid the ladder down. Tee Gar climbed down the ladder coming down to the cryotron. He kicked it open which made the lid flip open. Tee Gar leaned forward carefully holding the colorful gem in one hand. His fingers fiddled the rounded object attempting to dislocate it.

"Hello, this is the Jupiter 2," came John. "what was that sound?"

Parsafoot was unable to form a reply between his recalling of the historical voice. The same voice that had warned the younger boy to stay away. The same voice that he was not feeling giddy over hearing, now properly capable of feeling excitement and delight and surprise. Parsafoot's hand was trembling as the realization had kicked into gear. What could one say to someone who survived for years lost in space and used science to his advantage. A professor, never the less, surviving in space without back up and only his family. Parsafoot admired the man regard-ably.

"What was that sound?" John asked, again.

"Oh, sorry, Professor Robinson," Parsafoot apologized. "We didn't mean to wake you up."

There was a short pause.

"Most of us were up anyway," John said. "My eldest had a nightmare."

"I hope that nightmare doesn't return when she goes back to sleep," Parsafoot said.

John's breath sounded disturbed in a way that got a message across 'will it?'

"What are you doing out there?" John asked.

"We are testing the cryotron," Parsafoot said.

"The cryotron?" John repeated.

"You might call it the big freeze," Parsafoot said. "Invented by Tee Gar."

"What part of this plan does it have?" John asked.

"Just for the defense in the rescue mission," Parsafoot said. "No," the academy professor laughed. "No one is going to be frozen."

There was a pause then a click from the other side.

"I wasn't going to insinuate that," John said.