The drill creates mayhem

There was space laid before the view without any planets but sparkled by stars, comets, asteroids, and space junk that decorated certain small sections of space. A flying space fighter cockpit that was completely open without a pilot came flying by marked in long scars and laser burns decorating its hull. The cockpit window was shattered into a million pieces. The view turned in the direction that the cockpit had came flying out of to display hundreds of circular spaceships taking turns combating against starships of different length and width. Explosions struck the hulls making the lights go out on a deck leaving not a sound behind. The battle was silent and visibly destructive from around the dragonship.

The view swept around the dragonship passing by the drill going on to a exposed deck then traveled through the hall until it came to a complete stop. Two figures were running down the halls but came to a stop and shared a glance with each other. Prentiss grabbed a long cable out of the exposed panel then wrapped it around his waist and handed the other side to Smith. They turned on their life support badges then shared a nod and began their sprint toward the exposed section. Prentiss grabbed a pole that was about to pass them. A large explosion went off behind them. The men jumped at once over the intimidating loud explosion gaining on them.

Smith closed his eyes reaching his hands out for the cable.

Prentiss had the long pole held out with a battle cry.

The vacuum of space yanked them aside out of the explosion's path.

Prentiss dug the pipe into a small crack within the hull over Smith's terrified scream. Smith had his eyes closed with his forehead pressed against the cable, trembling, praying for the good lord to save him. He had been in many dangerous situations before but never quite like this in his military career. Nothing like any alien incidents that he had in the past year.

"I got it, Colonel!" Prentiss shouted.

"Good work, Lieutenant!" Smith replied, holding on to the rope for dear life with big eyes looking around space. "Now bring us in before someone shoots us apart!"

"You are not going to fly away around me," Prentiss said. "On the count of three, reach out and grab anything you can once I swing you toward the deck."

Smith nodded.

"Then what?" Smith asked.

"Help me in," Prentiss said.

Smith tugged himself up clinging on to the cable with a racing heart.

"Swing me, Lieutenant!" Smith called.

Prentiss grabbed on to the cable the swayed it from side to side gaining a momentum against the tug coming out of space. You can do this, Matt! Prentiss reminded himself. With a scream, Prentiss flung the colonel toward the lower rim of the deck. Smith grabbed on to two handle formations standing out from the floor paneling. Smith was kicking his legs from side. He yanked himself forward using the side of the corridor to bring himself up against Prentiss's weight. The colonel panted against the sheer strength of the vacuum of space trying to tug the other weight back inside. Smith grabbed on to a long pole, panting, then walked on bringing the cadet back in to the ship with him.

"Ah!" Prentiss shouted.

Smith came to a stop then turned in the direction of the cadet caught by the edge of the corridor. Smith wrapped the dangling long cable from the wall along his wrist then made his way toward Prentiss's hands. Prentiss was barely holding on to the wall. There was a tug from the wall while Smith grasped forward for the cadet's hand. He yanked once then twice that allowed him to grab hold onto the cadet's hand and brought him completely aboard the deck. Smith helped the man up to his feet moving him away from the open section of the starship. Smith was quick to unwrap the cable from around his wrist then took off his comfortable, warm jacket kneeling down to Prentiss's level. He peered in to see a part of scrapmetal had become embedded into the waist. He looked to find a warm blade on the ground.