All-Mourning

Mourning is probably one of the worst pains someone can go through. Especially if they lost someone close. Everyone has ways of dealing with it,some are more open to talking,while others want to sink into the world and never come back out. Some people are never the same and others learn to grow.

________

It was a cloudy day when the boys got the call.

"Why." Was the only words that could come out of the youngest mouth.

The room was silent. You can hear a pin drop.

The boys had just gotten the news that their best friend, Eben, has been a car crash and didn't make it.

Tears flooded Daniels face,Corbyn bent to the floor,Jonah stared into his space eyes getting teary, Jack hands over his mouth and Zachs face in his hands.

They couldn't believe it.

How?

Eben left 40 minutes ago.

He was supposed to return.

Why him?

"Guys..." Jon said,tears flowing down his face.

The boys didn't answer,they just stayed frozen.

Jon didn't know what to do. No one did. "I'm gonna go home...call some people...I'll call you all later." Was all Jon could say before leaving. He knew the boys needed space,he knew he needed space.

There was just silence. It felt like seconds were turning into minutes which would turn into hours. No one spoke. They were at a loss.

"I'm going up stairs." Daniel said,no expression in his voice nor face. It broke the tension in the room as they all watched Daniel walk up the stairs then looked at each other.

Each one of them had red puffy eyes,runny noses and looked dead,because their best friend was dead.

Jonah got up and with no word and went upstairs too. Then shortly afterwords Corbyn did the same.

All they boys that were upstairs were in their bedrooms under their blankets sobbing. They couldn't believe what had happened.

Zach and Jack were still downstairs. Each one of them looking opposite directions from each other.
Still at a loss for words.

Jack decided to go upstairs shortly after but was stopped by a voice that sounded broken.

"Please...don't" the voice said. Jack looked at Zach. They young boy had tears stains on his cheeks that leaked onto his shirt.

"I c-can't be alone." Zach cried. Jacks tears flowed down his cheeks once again. He sat next to Zach and they both pulled each other into a hug.

A big warm, reassuring, caring hug. The boys were sobbing hysterically. They felt so weak. So drained,they felt worthless,they couldn't do anything to save him. To save their best friend.

It was the day of the funeral. Each boy reluctantly getting out of bed. Each one of them had bags under their eyes and by now their eyes were stained red.

The last two days all they did was cry.

None of them showered,ate,talked,nothing.

Except for Jonah.

The others couldn't understand it.

The day after they got the news Jonah woke up the next morning living life as regularly as possible.