Chapter 8

" Hey Silvy!" Molly shouted, waking her as she placed her heavy bags from Hogsmeade on the table.
" Geez Molly! Way to wake me up!" Silvia said, rather upset from being woken up in the middle of a pleasant dream.
" Is umm everything alright? You haven't used that tone in awhile," Molly asked, sitting down next to her all concerned.
" Oh yeah, sorry Molly. Anyway did you find me a dress?" Silvia asked back, not wanting to talk about her and Draco's ' little date'.
A huge smile formed on Molly's face as she stood up again and carefully maneuvered her hand through the giant bag. Silvia stood up and waited anxiously as Molly slowly but surely took out her dress.
" Oh my Merlin!" Silvia exclaimed as she melted at the sight of her dress. It was a plain- but beautifully styled- forest green, full length dress with many light silky layers to dance the night away in.
" I know it might not fit right at first but-" Molly tried to fuss but Silvia cut her off.
" Molly I love this dress- Draco's going to love it as well..." Silvia bit her lip as she said the last part, taking the dress in her hands and holding it to her body to examine the lengths.
Molly's eyebrows shot up in an amused way as she took out a simple silver chain necklace with a small diamond pendent in the middle. Silvia gasped.
" It's so pretty! How much was it?" She asked carefully placing the dress down at the table and taking the necklace from her.
" Don't worry Silvy, it's what I spent your money on," Molly and Silvia shared a laugh. Silvia sighed as she collected her dress into her arms.
" Thank you so much Molly, this means a lot to me. I'm going to go place these somewhere safe before dinner, wait for me here and save me a spot!" Silvia carefully hugged her before she left for the common room.
" Whatcha got there Stone? Is that a dress I assume?" Pansy Parkinson came trotting up to her with Blaise Zambini, Crabbe, Goyle, and surprisingly Draco. Silvia's eyes widened as they approached her at the dungeon stairs, Pansy crossed her arms and tilted her head back.
" Why it is Parkinson, do you even have a date yet?" Silvia talked back, meeting her tone, knowing a fight could break out any second with her.
She glared at her. " Why Zambini here asked me out just a few hours ago in Hogsmeade didn't you hear?- Ha! Oh right I can't believe I forgot you don't have any parents!" Pansy sneered at her.
" Parkinson! Don't you dare bring my late parents into this!" Silvia yelled, turning red as tears stung her eyes.
" Pansy lets go. Now!" Draco ordered in an angry tone, taking two steps up to be one step above Silvia, motioning with his hand to follow him.
" Why so defensive Drakie-poo? It's not like we're friends with this insufferable little-" Silvia didn't let Pansy finish as she shoved her back down the flight of stairs and ran to her common room before anyone could do anything.
Silvia ran up to her dorm, ignoring all the concerned faces as she ran in.
" Why always me? Why does she have to pick on me? Out of all the students! I already have a frustrating year and she just has to make it worse!" Silvia outraged to poor Susan Bones who was forced to listen to her.
" Is... Everything alright Miss Stone?" She asked kindly, not moving from her bed.
" No everything is not fine! Pansy Parkinson has been making me her target for the past two years now just because she knows that Draco and I are friends! Just friends and nothing more!" Silvia continued to shout but her voice became unsteady as she put her dress in a bag she kept under her bed. She sat down on her bed and curled herself up against the wooden frame and hugged her pillow as she started to cry.
" It's okay Silvia, Pansy's a big jerk everyone, not just you... You aren't alone," Susan combed her light brown hair through her hands, trying to help her calm down.
She sighed. " I guess I should get back up to the great hall. Are you coming?" Silvia asked her dorm mate.
" I probably should," she answered getting off her bed and following Silvia down the dorm stairs and out the common room.
" Draco!" Silvia was taken aback when she saw him about to knock on the common room door.
" Silvia... I'm really sorry about Parkinson, she's just jealous that I chose you and not her for the Yule Ball," he apologized, making direct eye contact with her. Silvia nodded.
" It's okay, I know she's just never in a good mood. Is she alright? After I pushed her down-"
" She's as fine as can be I suppose, Madam Pomfrey helped her," he answered before she could finish, starting to walk with her.
" Did you tell anyone yet?" Silvia lowered her voice as they came to the top of the dungeon stairs.
" No of course not- well Pansy and the rest of my friends yes but the rest will find out at the Ball," Draco told her as they entered the great hall, which was a hustle and bustle with staff and students.
" See you tomorrow at the second task then!" Silvia had to shout over all the noise.
Same to you. Draco signed back since it was impossible to hear over all the students.
" Are you sure you and Malfoy are ' just friends'?" Molly asked as Silvia sat down next to her, using air quotes.
" Uh I- yeah I'm sure! We're just really good friends even if he bullies the Weasleys and Harry and Hermione... Anyway- Cedric!" Silvia laughed as he spilled water down his robes from laughing at Silvia's response.
" Silvia of course we know you and Malfoy are official right? We're two of your best friends and he was smiling at you when you were talking and he's staring at you now," Cedric explained. Silvia blushed hard and it only made Molly and Cedric laugh more.
" Okay so what? We became official today when you both were in Hogsmeade- don't tell anyone else, we want it to be a surprise for the Yule Ball," Silvia whispered to them.
" Okay fine..." They mumbled. Silvia rolled her eyes and left them to finish they're desserts.
" Oi Silvia!" The Weasley twins meet her in the entry way.
" How's Hogwarts's favorite prankster twins?" Silvia asked smiling politely.
" We're just fine, how are you doing? Any word from the siblings?" Fred asked as they started to walk.
" I'm good and no messages from my sister... I told Molly that I think she doesn't want to speak to me because Draco and I are friends-" Silvia was cut off when Dumbledore stood from his seat and got everyone quiet.
" Can I have your attention please! Because of the cold weather and the freezing of the Black Lake, the second Triwizard task will be postponed until late February! Thank you and have a good night!" Dumbledore declared.
Silvia and many others gasped, she could have sworn Harry, Ron, and Hermione were smiling at each other and the twins were grinning from ear to ear.
" You froze the lake? How?" Silvia asked the twins when the great hall went back to chitchatting.
" Long story, it's our best prank ever though!" George said as the red heads high-fived each other. Silvia rolled her eyes.
" Your Mum's gonna kill you if she finds out, I know how she gets," Silvia warned, pointing her finger at them.
" She won't if she doesn't find out!" With that the twins ran off before Silvia could hex them into obliviation.
The next month past slowly as all the students, fourth year and above, were anxious for the Yule Ball on Christmas Eve, but finally it arrived.
" Silvia... That dress! It fits you perfectly!" Molly exclaimed as Silvia walked out of the bathroom and spun around in circles.
" Thanks!" Silvia said excitedly as she clipped the crystal necklace onto her neck. " You can do my hair now if you'd like," Silvia sat on the edge of her bed as Molly decided to jump on it behind her. Molly's dress was a knee length royal purple dress with a red sash tied around her waist, her blonde hair in off set curls.
" What do you think Draco's going to say when he sees you in his House colors?" Molly asked as she braided Silvia's hair and put it in a bun.
Silvia laughed. " I have no clue Molly," she answered as she got out a makeup kit and her shiny white flats when Molly finished.
Finally when the girls were ready, they walked down to the great hall.
" You look beautiful Sil," Draco took her hands and kissed her left hand as they stood to the side of the doorway.
" You also look nice Draco," Silvia bit her lip to prevent her from blushing as they hooked arms and walked into the gorgeously decorated great hall. Of course she realized that Draco had called her- her private nickname but she didn't care. Draco, Silvia also noticed, was wearing a set of very formal black and white dress robes with black dress shoes and his hair was slicked back with gel.
Silvia and Draco found a spot to stand around the dance floor and waited for everyone to arrive. Once everyone was there in attendance, the champions and their partners took the floor and did the first opening dance. Mcgonagall and Dumbledore joined the champions after a minute and Ginny and Neville a second later.
" Come on!" Silvia whispered, smiling and dragging him feet away from where they were standing to start to dance. Draco didn't make one mistake as they danced across the floor.
" You know, you could've worn something in your House color. I don't mind that your wearing green, you look stunning but I know that you like yellow," Draco whispered so only she could hear.
" I wanted to surprise you Malfoy, and besides everyone in here is so shocked and only staring at us so I suppose I wanted to surprise all of Hogwarts as well," Silvia replied as he spun her and placed her hand back on his arm.
" Well you sure did," he placed his hand on her cheek quickly before removing it, not wanting to be caught by the professors. Silvia only continued to smile as they danced with perfect rhythm.
After the main dance was over the Weirder Sisters started singing their songs and the place went wild.
" Draco, Draco I need to sit down. I'm getting a headache!" Silvia had to yell just so Draco could hear her even if they were a foot apart.
He nodded and helped her to a table, wrapping one arm around her and placing on her waist while the other took her hand that wasn't holding her head.
" Are you okay? Is it alright if I go get us drinks?" Draco asked all concerned as he stood besides her as she sat down.
" I'm probably just dehydrated, yes go ahead," Silvia told him, placing her head in her hands as she leaned on the table. Draco ran off not a moment later.
" Miss Stone! Are you alright?" Mcgonagall walked over to her and placed a hand on her back.
" Oh yes I'm fine Professor, I'm just a little dehydrated that's all. Are you enjoying the Ball?" Silvia asked, turning her head to face her.
" I think everyone and everything came together nicely, yes. Are you?" She asked one of her favorite students.
" Very much yes, Draco is an amazing dancer and the great hall is beautiful Professor," Silvia smiled at her as she sat beside her.
" Where did young Malfoy run off to?" Mcgonagall asked a hint of worry in her voice.
" Oh just to get us drinks, see there he is... Percy!" Silvia jumped from the table and ran to the two boys walking toward her table.
" Why hello there Silvia, it's great to see you again," Percy said formally as she took her glass of pumpkin juice from Draco.
" It's great to see you to Perc... I've heard about the Ministry from the Prophet- I'm so sorry about all the confusion with my siblings and everything else going on. It must be hard working as an assistant yet under so much pressure," Silvia apologized as they continued to walk back to their table.
" Silvia you know me so well, yes it's hard but no need to apologize, I can handle it with Audrey's help," Percy turned almost more red than his hair as he let that slip.
" Ooh who's Audrey? I won't tell your siblings!" Silvia smiled at him as she gulped the last of her pumpkin juice down.
" She's... Er no one...?" Percy tried to not act stupid in front of Silvia and Malfoy but he couldn't.
" Does your Mum know?" Silvia asked, crossing her arms at her chest.
" No." He answered firmly before turning away and walking with Ludo Bagman in the other direction.
" Sorry I-"
" Silvia it's fine, I know your friends with them," Draco cut her off as he took her glass from her as they sat back down. The two cut to a conversation about how Draco's Mother had always taught him dance lessons and how she would help him throughout his childhood.
" Have you heard from your parents recently?" Silvia asked, wondering where this conversation was going.
" Yes I have," he leaned closer to her and dropped his voice down to a whisper. " They told me that during the final task Potter will be forced to bring back the Dark Lord, I- we have to get your siblings back that very same day and I'm telling you all this because I want to protect as best I can," Draco explained, covering her mouth as she screamed in it.
" Draco he's been gone for fourteen years! It's- it's impossible! How?" Silvia sat awestruck at this news and took his hand, he quickly grinned.
" It's part of the prophecy... I was told not to tell anyone so if you dare tell-" Draco was given a dumbfounded look by Silvia.
" Of course I won't tell anyone. Just how are we going to get my siblings back now? I mean if I tell them I can't- Draco they'll kill me and I'd feel like I'd failed them..." Silvia let her voice trail off as a tear formed in her eyes.
" We're just going to leave right when the challenge starts and stick with the original plan Sil, look at me... You and your siblings are going to be fine, I'll be there helping you no matter what my Father might think I'm doing," Draco squeezed her hand tightly and wiped her tears with the other.
" Okay..." Silvia answered weakly. " Do you want to go outside? I'm getting rather warm in here," Silvia asked, Draco nodded and helped her out of her chair and the two made their way out to the entrance hall.
" It's a beautiful night, cold but no snow," Draco commented as he started to slowly dance with her. Silvia laughed.
" What are you doing?" She asked, not taking her eyes off Draco's.
" I know I made you upset so now I'm apologizing by dancing with you," he pulled her an inch closer, gazing into her deep brown eyes.
" I'm not that upset, scared would be a better term for it... Our lives will change forever if another war breaks loose," Silvia explained to the blue eyed, blonde haired boy in front of her.
" Promise me that whatever happens, you'll let me protect you and that we'll stick together no matter what?" Draco moved his head to the side of Silvia's, not talking above a whisper.
" I promise."
———————————————————————————
So what'd you think of the changes I made to the story line hmm? Longest chapter by far, and I honestly think this is my favorite part so far lol. Anyway keep reading, like, comment, and vote!