Chapter 7

" Headmaster Karagoff, how are you on this fine fall evening?" Silvia asked the tall black bearded man .
      " V'ine how v'are you?" He asked calmly, shocking Silvia as she put her wand away.
       " I'm well I suppose... Viktor did a good job on his task earlier, you should be proud," Silvia tried her best to smile at the man keeping her siblings hostage.
      " V'I am," he answered, ignoring the girl's gaze at him. Silvia nodded.
      " What's your school like? Is it a castle or something like Hogwarts?" Silvia asked, sneakily trying to get info on the school.
     " V'its bigger than v'ogwarts, less v'indows and doors. V'ore students, different classes. V'we focus on the dark arts v'ore as v'ell," he explained to her, she kept nodding in reply.
    " It's sounds cool, I wish the Triwizard Tournament was held there, maybe the Ministry would have allowed a fire battle or what ever your men did to show off in the great hall the night you arrived. That would have been cool..." Silvia was completely faking at this point but she had to get on his good side so she wouldn't bring suspicion. The man chuckled, not knowing how much the girl knew about his evil deeds.
" V'ell good night Stone, I'll see you v'round," Karagoff locked eyes with her. Silvia gave him a confident look before strutting back to the castle, without a reply.
" Out of bed at night are we?" Snape asked as he came across her on the dungeon stairs.
" It's not even curfew yet Professor... Where are you going?" Silvia asked, curiosity in her eyes. Snape clasped his left wrist in pain. " Professor!" She ran down to him.
" It's none of your business Stone, get to bed!" He scolded her as she approached his side.
" Your hurt-"
" Yes and I'm fine! Ten points from Hufflepuff now get to bed!" He raised his voice all so slightly, scaring Silvia. After all Silvia tried over her summers at Hogwarts to tighten their bond, nothing seemed to work once the school year started.
" Okay Professor... Good night," Silvia walked away towards her common room, not breaking their eye contact until she closed the wooden door behind her.
" Where have you been! We've been worried sick!" Molly ran and hugged her, Cedric right behind her.
" I watched the sunset from the black lake. You won't believe who talked to me..." Silvia explained her little talk with the Drumstrang Headmaster and Snape.
" Bloody h- he talked to you?" Cedric asked as the three of them pulled the blanket over them on the couch.
" He did, and I think he knows what I know..." Silvia told them in a whisper.
" Ah well, it's getting late why don't you both go up to your dorm. I have to keep researching for the next task," Cedric answered. Silvia and Molly nodded as he went back to reading a large book in his lap.
" Night Ced," Molly whispered as she and Silvia dragged each other up their dorm stairs.
After whispering for another ten minutes as they both got ready for bed, Silvia fell asleep before her body even hit the pillow.
Silvia felt the bright cool sunshine over her body before she even opened her eyes. She groaned as she sat up and stretched her arms and legs, looking out to the empty dorm.
" It must be late... Molly probably left for Hogsmeade by now," Silvia talked to her owl as she let it out onto her bed. " Why don't you go see if there's any mail for us today, I'll be in the great hall," she told Fantasy, stroking her prestige white feathers .
Silvia got out of bed and opened the window briefly to let her loyal owl fly, closing it before she let the dorm freeze. She then showered and put on the most resent Weasley sweater Mrs Weasley had sent from last year. She realized it came out as a crop top from her resent growth sprit so she had to wear a white tank under it to keep warm.
" Morning everyone!" Silvia cheerfully stayed as she walked into the great hall where all the staff was eating a late brunch. She was answered by many variations of good morning and her name or nicknames around the castle.
" How are you today Miss Stone?" Dumbledore asked as she sat on the edge of her house table so she could talk to them.
" Very well Headmaster, are you going to need any help around the castle today? I'm completely free as you know," Silvia smiled at him as she filled her plate with some eggs, sausage, and a biscuit.
" Oh dearest... I don't believe I have anything I'll need help with today but I believe you have a potions essay to work on?" Dumbledore asked, passing a look to his fellow employee.
" I- I what?" Silvia asked after swallowing a bit of food, in shock.
" I'm assigning you extra work to do on the weekends since your doing so well in ever class," Snape answered, Silvia's eyes widened but let him continue. " By tonight you'll have completed an essay on the uses of Gillyweed and why wizard through the years have been buying it out, making it more and more rare," Snape explained.
" Oh that's easy, how come that's not Herbology work?" Silvia asked him, already thinking of the answers to write about.
" You can explain it's uses in potions as well," Snape replied, an evil grin on his face. Silvia roller her eyes but gave him an evil jokingly glare back, finishing her sandwich.
" I'm guessing it'll be around ten pages long?" Silvia asked, now it was Snape with the shocked face.
" I suppose," he didn't want to shrug but his body did anyway, waving a hand to dismiss the fourteen year old.
" Your the best!" Silvia skipped out of the great hall, leaving the Hogwarts staff in a fit of amused laughter. Sure she had nothing to do besides practice spells and review for midterms, she thought a nice long essay would be perfect to do on a freezing November day such as this.
" Silvia,"
" Hi Harry!" She replied as she continued up the stairs to the library, forgetting about the cursed stair and falling halfway through it. She screamed in reaction as she held herself on the step.
" No need to scream. Take my hand," Harry stood on the step above her, holding out his hands to help her. She lifted one hand from the marble stairs as the other helped lift herself as she quickly pulled herself out, stumbling into Harry.
" Sorry," she brushed herself off, looking down at her torn jeans. " Great..." she commented in a voice full of sarcasm. Sure the rips were at her knees and ankles but she still felt bad for ripping them.
" It's okay, are you alright?" He asked, letting her go on the step above them.
" Yeah I am... Thanks Harry, see you around," Silvia hurried up the rest of the stairs.
" No problem!" Harry shouted up to her.
Thankfully Silvia had no more miss steps as she made her way to the library. She stayed in the quiet and peaceful library for several hours writing and researching without any breaks.
" Silvia, Silvia, extra credit go getter Silvia. Try hard Stone to pass a test, she will always do her best. Smarty girl can ace a test without even receiving it..."
" Peeves shut up!" Silvia whisper yelled, looking up from her seventh page of her essay. It wasn't the schools worst prankster ghost that was standing by her shoulder.
" Oh god I didn't think it was that bad for you to call me Peeves... But I did hear him singing it outside the door so I figured you were in here," Draco smirked at her.
" I'm sorry I called you Peeves, now go away, I'm trying to finish this before lunch... How come you aren't in Hogsmeade with everyone else?" Silvia asked, turning in her chair to face him.
" I got bored of watching Crabbe and Goyle- don't even mention Pansy- run around like a bunch of hooligans begging for peoples candy so I snuck away," Draco explained, eyeing her ripped jeans.
" I fell through the cursed stair- don't ask," Silvia smiled at him. He nodded.
" You should take a break, stress isn't nice to have on the weekends," Draco told her, pulling over his own chair and sitting on it backwards.
" It's for Snape, he wants it done by supper... Even though my eyes and hands are hurting a bit," she let the quill she was holding fall into the vile of ink besides the parchment. She cracked her knuckles before rubbing her temples in a circular motion.
" See look at yourself, you need a break and your hands are freezing," he placed the back of his hand on hers before taking his gloves out of his pocket. " Here."
Silvia rolled her strained eyes but took the forest green and gray gloves anyway. She shut the book she was reading and stood up, collecting the seven completed pages, and waved her wand at her quill and ink, sending it back to her bedside desk.
" I guess Malfoy, I'll take a break," she picked up the book and carried that and her papers in her arms as the two walked out of the library together.
There were butterflies in Silvia's stomach knowing that there current walk around the castle counted as a date but she was fine with it, forgetting what her sister advised and enjoying herself.
" Are your eyes feeling any better?" Draco asked as they were walking a random corridor close to Dumbledores office.
" A little, I could probably use a nap after we go down to get lunch," Silvia shifted the heavy book in her arms, noticing that Draco wouldn't stop staring at her.
" Do you want me to take that book from you?" He asked stopping and holding out his hands to grab it.
" I'd thought you'd never ask!" Silvia exclaimed, passing him the book with ease, breathing a sigh of relief.
As they walked further with a light conversation about Draco's childhood and how misbehaving he was they came upon Mcgonagall and Dumbledore talking just as Silvia started laughing over his last comment.
" I win Albus," Mcgonagall held out her hand and he placed five galleons in it.
" You were betting on us?" Silvia asked, getting defensive.
" Its been getting obvious and I knew you would get together before the ball! On the other hand Albus thought it wasn't going to be public until the ball," Mcgonagall smiled at the two.
" We aren't even in public! All the students are in town," Silvia laughed, blushing from her neck up.
" Still counts," both Mcgonagall and Draco commented. Silvia sighed.
" What ever but this is our secret, don't tell anyone," with that Silvia and Draco walked back the way they came, down to the great hall.
The rest of the day the two worked on Silvia's essay. When she wrote the last word she waved her wand to put everything away and fell asleep, right there at her House table while Draco held her right hand as her left was used as a pillow for her head.
———————————————————————————
Longest chapter yet wohoo! Aren't Silvia and Draco cute together? You'll grow on to them as the book gets more dramatic if you don't support them lol. In the next chapter will Molly have found both of them dresses? What will the students think of the new couple? Stay tuned! Like, vote, and follow!