Bringing the Fight

A few stress filled days pass as the Malfoy's try to get back to their normal routine, Silvia and Draco alternating their work days as they always kept the thought of Nott in the back of their heads.

" Oh there you are! I've been wondering when you'd be back!" Silvia turned her head from the stove as she heard her husband walk into the kitchen. She noticed he was quiet as he hugged the twins and kissed Hera's soft forehead as she giggled, finally going over to her.

" We need to talk later," he whispered urgently, pulling her into a tight embrace and kissing her temple.

" What happened?" Silvia moved her hands to his shoulders and looked at him nervously.

" I said I'll tell you later," he rested his forehead on hers. " But for now don't worry," Draco kissed the bridge of her nose and slowly released her. Silvia nodded, unsure of what his concerned mood could mean.

" We're hungry!" Apollo boasted from his chair at the table, breaking the contact his parents had.

" Apollo how many times do we have to tell you that all raising your voice is going to do, is get you in trouble," Silvia reminded him, turning back to the thick bubbling clam chowder that she had just finished making.

Draco chuckled as Silvia giving him the ' he's your son, not my fault' look as she plated all the dishes and Draco set the table with a flick of his wand.

Once all the Malfoy's and little Hera were fed and full, Ivy and Apollo went to the library to read under Willows watchful eyes as Silvia, Draco, and Hera stayed in the cozy living room.

Hera started to say some sounds besides just gurgling recently and Silvia and Draco had started to train her to start speaking, which would take up to another three months- but they were just excited to see their daughters progress.

They set her down on her play mat next to the fire and let her explore her toys until her eyes grew heavy and sleepy.

Silvia let Draco put Hera in her crib as she waited patiently in their bedroom, staring out into the dark sky and the frost covered balcony.

" Okay, she's asleep and so are the twins," Draco whispered, shutting the bedroom door and placing a silencing charm around the room so no one could hear them. Silvia's eyebrow spiked as she gave him a look. " Pfft Sil please, no. I just don't want the kids to wake up if you disagree with anything I say," he grinned for a second before his face fell serious.

" Alright then. What progress has Nott made?" Silvia asked first, guessing the topic of the talk.

" I got a letter from my trainee... Nott and his cronies killed everyone but him, he let him live so he could tell the tale... I was thinking we should owl Astoria, get her and Xander over here so we coul-"

" No! Absolutely not! We would just be risking their lives as well as ours!" Silvia exclaimed, already not liking her husbands plan.

" You didn't let me finish. We should owl Astoria so they could come here, leading Nott directly to us. He'll be bringing the fight to us so I can protect you and the kids head on!" Draco held out his arms in reasoning. Silvia arched her head back and groaned.

" That's the dumbest plan you've ever come up with!"

" Do you see any other option Silvia? Please, go on and tell me if you do!" He paused to calm himself, Silvia knew she was beat." Theodore Nott is a traitor of trust, his ordeals need to end now before they become worse. I'm not going to allow you to die by his hand- nor the kids or Astoria, I need to keep the good in our family safe," Draco took her in his arms, their eyes locked in agreement.