Chapter 26 - Leaving a Mark

Mulai dari awal

~~~~~

Taehyung, Jungkook, Jimin, and I were in front of the building, not even an hour later. We'd all desperately wanted something to do, and here it was. From what Jin had informed us earlier, it was the dangerous accountant's main priority. Destroying it would seriously debilitate Chae's operation once that accountant is killed and the others are smuggled out. I was about to be seriously busy. First destroying this place, then I got to kill someone tomorrow. The excitement in my veins to pull a trigger was a bit morbid, but I couldn't bring myself to care more than acknowledging it. I patted down the sweatshirt I was wearing, the fabric so loose on my frame that I couldn't tell if I had a body or not.

"Why do you guys have clothes these big…?" I mutter, kicking at the ground like someone loitering would do.

"For situations like this," Jimin says matter-of-factly. "We don't always go guns blazing."

I scoff. "One seems more ideal to me."

"Obviously. You're trigger happy."

"Who's the one who likes a shotgun?"

"I don't prefer guns."

"Ah, right, you prefer the more manly way of flashing your abs until they die from jealousy, right?"

"Just because I'm comfortable in my skinㅡ"

"Guys," Taehyung cuts in. "Before you start arguing like a married couple again, shouldn't we go in now?"

Jungkook signals to the door as someone dressed nicely comes out. I recognized the man instantly, so I ducked my head behind Jimin. A part of me was happy to see that we had a good place. Another was worried this would go awry because my face was known. The third part was too antsy to do something to care.

"(Y/N)?" Jungkook asks. "Do you know him?"

I peek out after a couple more seconds pass. "He's one of Chae's favorite henchmen. He's in his top ten most valuable men. This building is the perfect diversion."

"Diversion?" Jimin asks.

I nod. "With Chae freaking out about this building, his grip will slip on the accountants for the smallest amount of time. The accountant who handles this building will be the busiest, and he's who Chae will focus on. We can smuggle the other two out without a hitch. I'll have the hardest job, but that's no big deal."

Taehyung chuckles lightly. "I wish we'd met before Jungkook and I left the Jeon family. The amount of chaos you would've created sounds ideal."

I smile at that. "Should we head in now? Since it seems like the main asshole is gone, and all."

Jungkook shrugs before going in first. A small look of approval settles onto my face before the rest of us follow. It seemed like a normal store. They did a very good job of covering the truth. I looked around at things that genuinely interested me. I even stopped on a nice outfit. I imagined wearing it for a date from high school days, blushing as I waited for my crush. It would've been perfect for that, if I'd ever had the occasion.

"That's quite ugly," Jimin hums.

I drop the fabric. "Kind of like you."

He scoffs. "Do you ever say anything nice?"

"I respect your fighting skills."

His face pops into my view. His black hair is still a bit damp from that shower earlier, and I can faintly catch the shampoo we've been sharing in the shower.

"Really?"

"You knocked me out on the first meeting. That takes skill."

He makes a satisfied face. "So I have a compliment from you now?"